Bake the coconut macaroons. Step by step instructions from the professional chef Thomas Sixt.
Servings: 30 Pieces
- 100 g trail mix or another fruit, nut mixture
- 100 g coconut flakes
- 4 pc eggs, only the egg-white whipped
- 200 g powdered sugar/ icing sugar
- 30 g flour I use gluten-free flour
- 1 pc abrasion and juice of 1 lemon an organic lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 pc wafers it works for gluten-free macaroons even without wafers
Preheat the oven to 160° C. Find some nice fruits and nuts from the student food and put them aside. Finely chop the remaining student food in a blender.
Beat the 4 eggs separately and separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat the pure egg whites with a pinch of salt using a hand blender at the highest speed. Add the icing sugar as you whip. Continue beating until a firm beaten egg white is obtained.
Carefully fold in the finely chopped student food, coconut shavings, flour, lemon grater and juice with a large spoon. Do not stir too much to preserve the airy structure of the dough.
Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Brush the wafers with the dough. Place the baking wafers coated with dough on the baking trays.
Place the dried fruits and nuts in the middle of the macaroon as decoration.
Put the macaroons in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Switch off the oven for another 5 minutes and leave the macaroons in the oven for another 5 minutes with the oven door slightly open.
Then remove the baking tray from the oven and allow to cool completely. The coconut macaroons are now ready to eat. Enjoy!
5. Calories and Nutritional Values
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 31g194%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
6. Further Recommendations