OTHER LANGUAGES: German
In this post I will show you my professional chef Venison Roast recipe. The venison roast is a popular stew dish and fits into the cold season.
You can prepare the roast well, therefore the recipe is suitable for the guest kitchen and for holidays and holidays such as Christmas.
In this article I will answer the most important questions about traditional preparation. If you have some time, please watch the video, you can watch me cooking deer roast directly over my shoulder. Good luck and a good appetite!
1. Shopping List Deer Roast?
My newly introduced shopping lists are very popular. Recently, a blog reader wrote to me and complimented me on the shopping lists. “Your shopping lists are so practical, standing in the supermarket I find the ingredients faster! Isn’t that… wonderful?
Here is the shopping list for the roast venison:
- venison roast meat, for example shoulder
- a bottle of dry red wine, for example Rioja
- cranberries optional extra wild berry jam
- 1 bunch soup vegetables
- 1 potato
- 1 orange
- some gingerbread
- juniper berries, bay leaf, thyme
- vegetable stock cubes and chicken stock cubes or 2 glasses veal stock
- for the side dish bread dumpling souffle: dumpling bread, eggs, milk, parsley
The exact quantities can be found in the recipe for roast venison, further down in the article.
2. Marinate Deer Roast or prepare it immediately?
Since I show you in the video the fast preparation of the roast venison, we still make an excursion to the topic of pickle venison meat or insert venison meat.
2.1 Staining Roast Venison, with Recipe for Staining
You can put the venison 2-4 days in red wine and balsamic vinegar here the short summary…
- Take a large pot with a lid.
- Pour a bottle of red wine and 100 ml balsamic vinegar into the pot.
- Cut the soup vegetables consisting of celery, carrots, leek and parsley roots into small pieces and add to it.
- Spike a peeled onion with bay leaf and cloves and place in the stain.
- Add some peeled garlic cloves and thyme twigs.
- Add the pressed black peppercorns and juniper berries.
- Place the raw meat in the stain and marinate for 2-4 days.
The meat marinate fits simply well into the cold season. You can let the pickled meat mature in a cold place in the cellar or in the refrigerator.
2.2 Preparing pickled Roast Venison
- Remove the meat from the stain and dry.
- Brown the meat and take it out of the pot.
- Toast the drained vegetables over high heat with clarified butter until they are light brown.
- Add the tomato paste and roast until light brown.
- Deglaze with the marinade and bring to the boil.
- Add the roast venison and braise with lid.
You can bind the sauce later with a finely grated potato. Cranberries, orange juice and wild berry jam go well with the sauce! Please note the tips in the cooking video… fast
3. Cooking Video: Preparing Roast Venison
The video lasts about 15 minutes and you can watch an example of how to prepare roast venison. Have fun!
5. Side Dishes with Roast Venison
As a side dish with roast venison it is an excellent match:
- potato gratin
- potato dumplings
- bread dumplings
- napkin dumplings
- ribbon noodles
- mashed potatoes
- celery puree
- finger noodles
- red cabbage
- glazed carrots
- savoy cabbages
- Brussels sprouts
- pea vegetables
- glazed root vegetables
- glazed apple pieces and pears poached in red wine
I serve the roast venison with a dumpling souffle. Please prepare a bread dumpling:
- 500 g bread roll
- 500 ml hot milk
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- let the dumplings temper
- 5 eggs, add, mix and let rest for 30 minutes
Before filling, refine the dumpling mixture with freshly chopped parsley. Grease the moulds with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Pour in the dumplings and steam in boiling water for 20 minutes in a steam sieve with lid.
6. Roast Venison Recipe
The following is the recipe for the fine roast venison with the exact quantities. Good success!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German