OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today it is getting gamy – I will show you a great venison steak recipe with porcini ravioli and orange-red cabbage. Sounds like a lot of work? With supermarket ravioli and frozen cabbage, it will you only about 40 minutes. Despite the fact that I used ready-made products, it is a special dish that is suitable for a perfect dinner with the ones you love. …go directly to recipe Venison steak with porcini ravioli and orange-red cabbage
- 1. Venison recipe with side dishes for lazy ones
- 2. How to make our red cabbage special german stile:
- 3. It’s venison steak time
- 4. Finished product number 2 – The porcini ravioli as side dish
- 5. Cooking Video for Venison steak with porcini ravioli and orange red cabbage
- 6. Recipe Venison steak with porcini ravioli and orange-red cabbage
- 7. Calories (kcal.) Venison steak with porcini ravioli and orange-red cabbage, an Overview of nutritional Values
1. Venison recipe with side dishes for lazy ones
Yes, sometimes I’m lazy and use manufactured products in my recipes. This recipe concentrates on the preparation of the deer steak, that’s why I’m using frozen red cabbage and supermarket ravioli. The ravioli are from the brand Giovanni Grana. They are really delicious.
2. How to make our red cabbage special german stile:
Our red cabbage gets a fruity partner – a juicy orange. I fillet the orange and add it to the boiling red cabbage. Then I season it and the first side dish is ready.
Deer is one of the leanest meats and very intense in flavor!
Here you can find a detail recipe for German red rabbage or blue cabbage.
3. It’s venison steak time
The browning of the deer is not very complicated. First I dab the steaks dry and place them in a preheated pan with some oil. It is important to press down the meat so there is always some contact with the pan. Then I reduce the heat, cover with a lid and let everything cook.
After a few minutes I turn the deer steaks and they cook with the lid on. When they have a nice brown color, I season them with salt and pepper and push them to the side.
4. Finished product number 2 – The porcini ravioli as side dish
As mentioned before I use already ready-made porcini ravioli from the brand Giovanni Grana. Of course sure you can use homemade ravioli but these ones definitely save time and are also very delicious. They only take a few minutes in boiling water. In the end you just refine the ravioli with melted butter. The butter I melt in my “peperita pot”.
Ravioli are the perfect side dish for steaks, whether bought or self-made!
Great flavor through sage
While my venison steaks cook I start to prepare the sage. I fry the sage in plenty of oil. I do that in the pan with the venison steak. In it I push the steaks to the side to make some space.
Do you already smell the sage?? I’m hungry!!!
Final spurt for my venison steaks
Just before serving I take out the fried sage and put the lid onto the pan again. First I arrange the side dishes on plates and then place the steak on top. Finally I add the sage!
Our venison steak with lazy side dishes is ready!!!
Even more information you get in my cooking video!
5. Cooking Video for Venison steak with porcini ravioli and orange red cabbage
6. Recipe Venison steak with porcini ravioli and orange-red cabbage
OTHER LANGUAGES: German