OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I like to cook the vegan pumpkin soup in autumn, it is practical, the pumpkin is not peeled and the soup is ready in less than 40 minutes. This pumpkin soup with orange juice tastes excellent and pleases the eye and the palate equally. Let yourself be inspired and conjure up a fine soup for your loved ones! …Jump directly to the recipe.
1. Prepare Vegan Pumpkin Soup quickly and easily
Prepare the vegan pumpkin soup as follows:
- Halve the Hokkaido pumpkin or Butternut pumpkin and scrape out the seeds with a tablespoon and remove.
- Cut off the unattractive parts of the pumpkin skin and style attachments, cut the pumpkin with skin into small pieces.
- Place the pumpkin pieces in a pot, add the chopped onions and cover with water.
- Add some vegetable stock powder and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chilli.
- Bring the soup to the boil.
- Put some chopped garlic and ginger in the soup.
- Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes at moderate heat until it is slightly flowing.
- Mix the pumpkin pieces in the soup with a hand blender and season to taste with a little orange juice.
- You can now serve the soup directly as light pumpkin soup…
- Bring the soup to the boil again and refine with soy cream or coconut milk.
The soup remains more neutral in taste if you add soy cream. Coconut milk gives the soup an Asian touch. Then soy sauce and lime juice also go well with it. You can season the soup in both variations with curcuma and curry lightly or vigorously.
The pumpkin soup becomes creamier if you cook one or two small potatoes with it.
2. Vegan Pumpkin Soup with Orange Juice
The presented pumpkin soup with orange juice tastes slightly sour and the orange aroma goes very well with the pumpkin. The orange gives the soup a pleasant depth of taste. Change the soup according to your own taste, add and refine according to your own taste:
Vegetables and inlays:
- Finely chopped, raw spring onion slices or thin spring onion strips
- Short and firm to the bite blanched root vegetables cut into fine strips such as carrots, celery and leek
- Pumpkin pieces finely diced and cooked until al dente
- Tofo and smoked tofu cut into slices or cubes
Decoration and herbs and superfoods:
- pomegranate seeds, goji berries, red pepper, barberries
- coriander, dill, parsley, cress
- soy cream or soy yoghurt
- Pumpkin seed oil, black cumin oil, linseed oil
For exact quantities you will find my recipe for the vegan pumpkin soup below. I wish you every success! I cooked this soup last time with Elise: We roasted the Butternut Squash in clarified butter – instead of Crab Bisque we take Prawns. The Soup has approximately 10 ingredients.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German