OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The recipe Tomato Sauce strained Tomatoes and canned Tomatoes I present to you in this Kochwiki contribution.
The simplest of the tomato sauces is a classic of good Italian cuisine. Learn many tips and tricks for the preparation of the sauce, which tastes super delicious with noodles.
1. Making a simple Tomato Sauce yourself
For the simple tomato sauce you need either canned tomatoes whole or in cubes, or strained tomatoes.
I like to use whole canned tomatoes because I love the tomato pieces in the sauce. But that remains a matter of taste, it is up to you which kind you use.
The remaining ingredients are onions, garlic, white wine, salt, pepper, sugar. Optional thyme, basil, Italian herb mixture and tomato paste. In the best case the delicious tomato sauce consists of 7-8 ingredients including pasta.
2. Tomato Sauce with strained Sauce
It’s strange what people are looking for on the Internet. Tomato sauce made from canned tomatoes is such a combination of terms that until now seemed very logical to me, but there is still more search for tomatoes that have passed through. My recipe for tomato sauce from canned tomatoes is quite simple:
- Please dice a medium-sized yellow onion finely, in addition two cloves of garlic.
- Please do not press the garlic, because it usually becomes bitter.
- Put the garlic and onions in a wide, medium-sized pot and sweat the whole thing with two tablespoons of olive oil colourless for a good four minutes.
- Then add approx. 80 ml dry white wine or Prosecco and add the tomatoes.
- You can use strained tomatoes or tomatoes in pieces or whole tomatoes.
- The latter are often 50% cheaper than the tomatoes that are mashed.
- Let the tomato sauce simmer at medium temperature for 15 minutes, season with salt, pepper and some sugar, thyme or oregano or basil and your sauce is already ready.
- I prefer to use brown raw cane sugar, which tastes better than the well-known white industrial sugar and has a great taste.
3. Cook Tomato Sauce yourself, some Chef Tips
You can caramelise the onions and garlic with a little sugar after sweating for a short time. This will give the sauce more flavour later on.
Let the tomato sauce simmer for at least 15 minutes, so that the taste develops better.
Tomato paste brings strength to the sauce, but takes away fresh tomato paste. Therefore use tomato paste carefully and with feeling.
4. Cooking Video
In the following cooking video I show you the preparation of spaghetti with tomato sauce step by step…
5. Recipe Tomato Sauce
My simple recipe for tomato sauce made from strained tomatoes and canned tomatoes is sure to succeed. The sauce always waits for the pasta, which means preparing the sauce first, then cooking the pasta.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German