OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Grandma’s Szegedin goulash brings back good memories. My grandmother prepared the hearty goulash with sauerkraut and pork. That’s how I know this dish of the bourgeois cuisine, prepared in the classic way. Sour cream must definitely always be in the sauce. When serving a small icing on the cake, decorated with paprika and parsley, complement and complete the goulash is wonderful. Discover a new favourite dish, cook your loved ones a great meal and enjoy it! Jump directly to the recipe…
- 1. Simply Cook Classic Szegedin Goulash with Pork Meat
- 2. Szegedin Goulash with Beef
- 3. Szegedin Goulash with Chicken, so goes a quick Goulash
- 4. Szegedin Goulash Recipe and Goulash Cooking Video
- 5. Calories Szegedin "Szegediner" Goulash, the Nutritional Values in Detail without Side Dishes
- 6. Other Goulash Recipes
1. Simply Cook Classic Szegedin Goulash with Pork Meat
For the classic Szeged goulash you need meat from the shoulder of a pig. Let the butcher prepare the meat for you and cut it into 3 cm cubes. The cooking time is 80-90 minutes. Boiled potatoes or caraway potatoes or parsley potatoes are recommended as side dishes.
2. Szegedin Goulash with Beef
For the Szegedin goulash with beef you need stew beef meat in Austria is named “Rinderwade (Wadschinken). It is an excellent and lean meat from the topside. Let the butcher cut the meat, cubes of about 3 cm are ideal. The cooking time is about 1.5 hours. As side dishes, boiled potatoes or caraway potatoes or parsley potatoes are the first choice, alternatively mashed potatoes, finger noodles or potato gratin.
Serve as a side dish of creamy potato gratin with some truffle oil with Szegedin goulash – that’s fantastic!
3. Szegedin Goulash with Chicken, so goes a quick Goulash
This goulash you conjure in about 45 minutes on the table. Prepare the goulash without meat. When you are satisfied with the goulash juice and the consistency of the sauerkraut, place the chicken breast pieces cut into 3 cm cubes in the goulash. Stir the goulash, bring to the boil and let it simmer until the poultry meat is cooked. As a side dish I recommend parsley potatoes or butter potatoes with thyme.
4. Szegedin Goulash Recipe and Goulash Cooking Video
My following recipe with all three presented meat types to cook yourself. I wish you every success and look forward to receiving your feedback via the comment function.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German