OTHER LANGUAGES: German
In this post I show you my Rib Eye Steak recipe with fried potatoes and herb butter.
I accompany you with shopping tips and describe you the steak correctly roast step by step with many photos.
You can prepare the steak in about 40 minutes.
Enjoy today a perfectly hearty and fried steak with a classic side dish.
I wish you good luck and a good appetite!
- 1. What is A Rib Eye Steak
- 2. What should I bear in mind when buying steak?
- 3. How to Roast steak properly
- 4. Steak Gargrade at a glance and to remember…
- 5. Steak Side Dish Fried Potatoes
- 6. Herb Butter with Steak
- 7. Rib Eye Steak Recipe
- 8. Calorie Rib Eye Steak with fried potatoes and herb butter
- 9. Other recipes for steaks
1. What is A Rib Eye Steak
The Rib Eye Steak is a short roast meat from the beef high rib. The name derives from the round roast beef. The Rib Eye Roast is a roast piece/steak from the core of the rib, boneless and without rib lid.
Super, who has no idea of meat pieces is now also not smarter, therefore I have you the following diagram and a picture of the Rib Eye Steak inserted here….
2. What should I bear in mind when buying steak?
Here are my professional chef shopping tips, so you can get a tender and juicy steak on your plate…
- Buy the steak close to the expiration date.
- If possible, buy a dry aged steak.
- Buy the steak a few days before preparation and let it ripen further in the fridge.
I allow my steaks to mature for at least a week after the specified expiry date. The steaks must either be vacuumed or I put the steaks in oil. The meat must always be covered with oil when the steaks are placed in the oven.
3. How to Roast steak properly
Since there are many fairy tales on the subject of steak roast in recent years on television and the Internet, I show here in the following … Steak roast correctly step by step with photos…
4. Steak Gargrade at a glance and to remember…
Some time ago I made a Steak Gargrade table, which helps you with the steak preparation…
So use a thermometer to determine the temperature in the fried steak. Alternatively you can determine the cooking degree of the roasted steak by the pressure test.
The following three cooking degrees are common, which you can determine quite well by pressing on the roasted steak:
Steak Rare/core raw:
The meat yields slightly, comparable to pressing your left index finger between your nose and lip.
Steak medium/roasted pink:
The roasted meat is firmer in consistency, red meat pearls appear on the steak. Similar if you press the tip of your nose with your index finger.
Steak Well Done/ Meat fried:
The steak hardly gives way when pressed, comparable to pressing the chin tip with your index finger.
5. Steak Side Dish Fried Potatoes
I chose fried potatoes as a simple side dish to this steak. You can also cook the potatoes before roasting or use potatoes already cooked the day before.
Here I show you how to prepare fried potatoes from raw potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes with a peeler.
- Cut the potatoes into evenly thick slices of about 4-5 mm.
- Deep-fry the potato slices in sunflower oil at 170°C.
- Remove the blanched potato slices from the fat and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Fry the fried potatoes again until crispy.
- Place the fried potatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- Before serving, toss the fried potatoes in a pan with foamed butter.
- Add onion strips, season the fried potatoes with marjoram, caraway, salt, pepper.
You can keep the fried potatoes warm in the pan or put them in the oven, the temperature range of 140°C hot air has proven itself for keeping the fried potatoes warm.
Update: In an extra post I show you how to prepare fried potatoes step by step.
6. Herb Butter with Steak
I tend to simplify in my kitchen, yet no bought herb butter comes close to a homemade herb butter.
6.1 Making your own Herb Butter
Take the butter out of the fridge two hours before cooking.
Mix the soft butter with finely chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and kitchen herbs. You can use parsley, chives, thyme, rosemary, common kitchen herbs from the garden or the supermarket.
Then put the prepared butter in a sausage shape on the matt side of a piece of aluminium foil. Wrap the aluminium foil over it and form evenly into a roll with a stick or your hands. Wrap the aluminium foil sausage tightly and turn the ends against each other. Put the herb butter in a cool place, unpack as required and cut into slices.
Tips for herb butter:
You can also freeze the herb butter, thaw it if necessary and cut off the desired amount of butter.
An alternative would be to fill the herb butter into ice cube trays with foil. This way you can easily remove the herb butter.
The most beautiful variation is to shape the herb butter nicely with a skin pass bag and spout and then freeze it in portions.
7. Rib Eye Steak Recipe
Below you will find my recipe with all quantities. If you have any open questions, please feel free to contact me and write me a comment. Wish you good success…
OTHER LANGUAGES: German