OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I find cooking with sweets exciting and the taste surprise is pre-programmed. The colourful leaf salad with candy dressing and apples glazed with sea buckthorn is a real treat. The sweets help the dish to an incredible taste explosion. There the berries and the sea buckthorn dance over the palate. That’s a big bang, not for the faint hearted! Just give it a try if you dare, the recipe for colourful lettuce can be found at the bottom of the page. Please share this post on Facebook with your friends, thank you!
- 1. Prepare leaf salads
- 2. Why must lettuce be spun dry?
- 3. Sweets as an ingredient in salad dressing
- 4. Prepare crispy bread cubes to a salad
- 5. Glazed apple pieces I refine with sea buckthorn sweets
- 6. Cooking video of the starter recipe colourful lettuce with candy dressing and glazed sea buckthorn apples
- 7. The Recipe for Colourful Leaf Salad with Candy Dressing
- 8. Calories (kcal) Colorful Leaf Salad with sweet Dressing
1. Prepare leaf salads
Pluck the lettuce bite-sized, wash quickly in cold water and then spin dry. The sand and dirt remain in the water due to the slight swiveling of the lettuce leaves. Cleaned and dried lettuce leaves can be kept in the refrigerator for two days. A plastic bag or a box with lid has proven to be a good storage tool. See the articles on washing lettuce step by step and washing lamb’s lettuce. After the reading you are prepared for any salad washing action.
2. Why must lettuce be spun dry?
Wet salad leaves a bathing lake on the plate and dilutes the salad. At the same time, only dry-spun salad can absorb the salad dressing well. The salad dressing only adheres optimally to the dry leaf salad. If you don’t have a salad spinner, dry the lettuce leaves on a kitchen paper or spin the lettuce in an outdoor kitchen towel. Further contributions: Wash lettuce and spin dry and wash lamb’s lettuce.
Pluck salad, wash quickly, spin dry, then marinate with salad dressing!
3. Sweets as an ingredient in salad dressing
Black elderberry sweets/candies taste deliciously fruity, we now transfer this to the salad dressing: The sweets are finely mortared and then boiled in a little water to make syrup. So the sweet ingredient can marry wonderfully with the remaining ingredients to the dressing.
Candies crushed with water to syrup boil – so the candy taste comes into the salad dressing!
4. Prepare crispy bread cubes to a salad
Toast bread or other bread in cubes cut and with butter, garlic, thyme and some salt and pepper in a pan roast. The roasted bread cubes are perfect with salads, because a crispy mouth feeling lifts the good mood!
5. Glazed apple pieces I refine with sea buckthorn sweets
I have chosen sea buckthorn as the second sweet ingredient. The sea buckthorn harmonises very well with the apple. Boil the crushed sea buckthorn sweets with water to a syrup. Brown the apple pieces in foamed butter, add the sea buckthorn syrup and glaze the apple pieces over high heat. Glazing in this case means letting the liquid evaporate at high temperature in order to bring the concentrated taste to the ingredient (apple pieces).
Concentrated sea buckthorn taste on apple by glazing!
The recipe certainly sounds a little crazy, it is exciting to prepare and finally also a surprise. Please try it yourself, the following cooking video offers additional support:
6. Cooking video of the starter recipe colourful lettuce with candy dressing and glazed sea buckthorn apples
7. The Recipe for Colourful Leaf Salad with Candy Dressing
OTHER LANGUAGES: German