OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Mayonnaise with the hand blender I show you in this article.
Maybe it didn’t work out so well with making mayonnaise yourself… So the mishap has happened and your mayo hasn’t hardened? Flocked out? No problem, how you can save a coagulated mayonnaise I show you in this article.
The preparation of the popular, homemade mayo is not really a science.
I wish you every success and would be happy if you share this article with your friends!
- 1. Definition and interesting Facts about Mayonnaise
- 2. Mayonnaise, the Sources of Errors in the Preparation of the Mayonnaise
- 3. Saving Coagulated Mayonnaise
- 4. Make your own Mayonnaise Cooking Video
- 5. Recipe Prepare Mayonnaise with the Hand Blender
- 6. Calories Mayonnaise freshly prepared, the Nutritional Values
- 7. Note on the Shelf Life of Homemade Mayonnaise
1. Definition and interesting Facts about Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a classic cold sauce. Properly prepared, it is an emulsion, an even mixture of egg yolk, vegetable oil, lemon juice or vinegar, mustard and salt. The mustard acts as a binder and “emulsifier”. Through the intensive stirring, the ingredients combine to form a creamy mayonnaise sauce. In the professional kitchen, mayonnaise is the basis for many cold sauces; I will introduce the derivatives of mayonnaise:
2. Mayonnaise, the Sources of Errors in the Preparation of the Mayonnaise
If the mayonnaise does not succeed, this is due to the following reasons:
- Egg yolk and oil were not tempered or too cold.
- The oil was stirred in too quickly.
- The oil content in the recipe is too high.
You need tempered ingredients to prepare the mayonnaise, then the mayonnaise succeeds safely. In the future, prepare all the ingredients at room temperature advice or at approx. 20°C two hours before the mayonnaise is made. Please prepare all tools clean, dry and fat-free. First mix egg yolk with mustard and salt, then slowly add the oil. At the beginning of the preparation, add the oil in a thin jet, stir vigorously and work into an emulsion. When the mayo is firm you can add a little more oil and stir it in.
3. Saving Coagulated Mayonnaise
Prepare the curdled mayonnaise at room temperature. Start the preparation again from the beginning: Use a fresh egg yolk, mix it with mustard and salt, slowly add some fresh oil and let the ingredients emulsify by stirring until creamy. Now you can slowly stir in the curdled mayonnaise.
4. Make your own Mayonnaise Cooking Video
In the following cooking video I show the preparation of the Mayo step by step. The recipe mayonnaise with the mixer I would like to recommend to you, this method is absolutely sure of success.
5. Recipe Prepare Mayonnaise with the Hand Blender
Prepare mayonnaise with a hand blender or magic wand, please note the following:
- Use a high beaker so that you can mix the egg yolks well.
- Use the stirring disc from the hand blender, not the knife.
- Use tempered ingredients to make the mayonnaise 100% successful.
Step by step instructions Prepare mayonnaise with a blender jar
- Add egg yolk, salt, mustard, vinegar or lemon juice and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- Adjust the blender and mix, add the oil in a thin stream and mix.
- When the mayonnaise is firm, slowly add more oil and work in.
- Egg yolk and oil must combine to a firm mass, the so-called emulsion.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German