OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you how to make Rum Balls yourself. The praline balls are a recipe for smart, so you have landed on this page! 🙂 With just a few ingredients, this guide will help you to create a popular chocolate classic with rum.
The rum pralines are also called truffles, but the sweet balls have nothing to do with the expensive luxury mushroom.
The term punch balls describes a preparation from cake leftovers. So that our knowledge is complete, I have supplemented the cake balls here in the article.
The oven remains cold today, the preparation takes only 20 minutes, the delicious chocolate pralines taste young and old. Everything perfect, isn’t it? Then let’s go to the kitchen!
1. Prepare Rum Balls, this is to be noted…
The simple chocolates are easy to make, please pay attention to the following points:
- For this recipe use Palmin or Ceres, for other coconut fats you have to add a little more walnuts to the recipe.
- For the preparation you need soft fat, so please take the coconut fat out of the fridge a few hours before preparation.
- You can use standard cocoa, the better the quality, the finer the taste!
- Please have all ingredients weighed and ready so that you can prepare the chocolate mass quickly.
- Use a cold stainless steel bowl to mix the ingredients. I always put the bowl briefly in the fridge beforehand.
- For the typical taste you need a ripe rum. Pralines for children can be prepared with Arak aroma instead of rum.
So far we have everything on the table! Let’s now make a detour to the punch ball…
2. Punch Balls from Cake Leftovers
A recommendation in advance for you… If you should ever come to Vienna, then please visit the coffee house Gerstner in the extension of the Kärnterstraße opposite the Vienna Opera in the first Viennese district.
Gerstner has the best Punschkrapferl (punch taler) in town and you shouldn’t miss them!
Before you come to Vienna, you can try out the following punch balls recipe…
2.1 Punch Balls Recipe
Finely crumble 250 g marble cake remains, add 4 tablespoons rum or 1 vial rum aroma and 200 g finely grated dark chocolate, add 1 tablespoon cocoa and 2 tablespoons icing sugar and knead with your hands.
Instead of marble cake you can also use other cake remains or sponge cake. For Christmas baking you can use crumbed specula or gingerbread.
I portion the mass in the desired size and then roll it evenly round. Then I roll the balls in cocoa or finely grated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles.
Of course, you can cover the cake balls with chocolate or even put the balls on wooden skewers, then you would have prepared wonderful cake pops.
3. Prepare Rum Balls for Christmas
The Christmas variety of these pralines will surely find fans, here are some additional ingredients tips for the following recipe:
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerbread spice
I like to let my chocolate mass mature in the fridge for one night. This works wonders and the aromas develop harmoniously.
4. Rum Ball Recipe
Now quickly into the kitchen for baking without baking 🙂 I wish you good luck!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German