OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my Pumpkin Risotto recipe with step by step instructions. A pumpkin risotto is delicious, the variant with leaf spinach is especially popular with my guests.
The risotto with pumpkin comes vegetarian or vegan on the plate and you can cook it yourself in less than 45 minutes.
Maybe this dish will be included in the shortlist of your favourite recipes? I wish you good success and… Good appetite!
- 1. Pumpkin Risotto with Hokkaido Pumpkin and Spinach selfmade
- 2. Pumpkin Risotto vegetarian or vegan
- 3. Pumpkin in Risotto, please note the Cooking Time of the Ingredients
- 4. Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
- 5. Calories Pumpkin Risotto the Nutritional Values at a Glance
- 6. Other Recipes for Risotto
- 7. Other Recipes for Pumpkin
1. Pumpkin Risotto with Hokkaido Pumpkin and Spinach selfmade
This risotto is an earthy and wonderful dish and tastes great. I like the play of colours in the combination of pumpkin and spinach. The preparation is practical, pumpkin and spinach cook with this variant together with the risotto in a pot. This saves effort and washing up. Ideal is a Hokkaido pumpkin, which you can use with the bowl. Choose a beautiful and undamaged Hokkaido pumpkin while shopping. Start the risotto preparation with the vegetables: Wash the pumpkin under cold water, then halve it, remove the seeds, cut the pumpkin into bite-sized pieces. Wash the spinach thoroughly several times in cold water and drain on a sieve. For the risotto you need two more shallots or yellow onions. Peel them and cut them into fine cubes.
Please wash spinach thoroughly several times in cold water, spinach can be sandy!
2. Pumpkin Risotto vegetarian or vegan
For your risotto with pumpkin please prepare hot vegetable broth and olive oil. If you want the risotto to be vegan, don’t use the cheese or exchange the cheese for a vegan substitute. I personally like to use Parmesan cheese as a risotto or a good matured pecorino. So far I haven’t found a cheese substitute product that comes close to the taste of good cheese. I grate the cheese finely with the cheese grater. So that the risotto comes tasty on the table there is still a small thing to consider…
3. Pumpkin in Risotto, please note the Cooking Time of the Ingredients
The pumpkin is a hard vegetable, so you cut it into bite-sized pieces. A diameter of 1 cm is a good guideline. Pumpkin takes some time to cook in the hot risotto until it is soft. This is why the pumpkin comes relatively quickly into the pot – the spinach only at the end, so that it stays beautiful green and finds its colour perfectly on the plate. After all, spinach is cooked quickly. The order of preparation:1. Sweat risotto rice in olive oil until translucent
- Sweat risotto rice in olive oil until translucent.
- Add diced onions and sweat colourless for a few minutes.
- Glaze with white wine and cover the rice with hot vegetable broth.
- Add pumpkin and cook risotto covered with stock while stirring.
- After about 16 minutes cooking time, add the spinach.
- Season vegetable risotto with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix risotto with cheese and olive oil until creamy (rice cooked until al dente after approx. 18-20 minutes).
- Quickly arrange pumpkin risotto on warm plates and serve.
4. Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
Below is my recipe for the simple pumpkin risotto in a summary with nutritional values and all important ingredients. I wish you all the best!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German