OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Strawberries with puff pastry are the perfect combination. The crispy baked dough goes very well with the strawberry and allows many variations. You can combine puff pastry and strawberries with pudding, mascarpone, cream cheese and quark and in this article I’ll show you the different variations and what you have to consider when preparing puff pastry puff pastry. You can find my recipe for strawberries with puff pastry at the end of this page. I would be happy if you comment on this article and share your experiences here. Tell a friend on Facebook expressly welcome!
- 1. What to consider when baking Puff Pastry
- 2. Strawberries and Puff Pastry
- 3. Tip for Strawberries in Puff Pastry
- 4. Filling for Strawberries with Puff Pastry
- 5. Strawberries Puff Pastry Pudding
- 6. Strawberries Puff Pastry Whipped Cream
- 7. Strawberries Puff Pastry Mascarpone
- 8. Strawberries Puff Pastry Curd Cheese
- 9. Strawberries Puff Pastry Cream Cheese
- 10. Recipe Strawberries with Puff Pastry
- 11. Calories Strawberries with Puff Pastry, Nutritional Values
- 12. Further Recipe Ideas for Strawberries
1. What to consider when baking Puff Pastry
Puff pastry must always be baked at a high temperature so that it “leaves” nicely and becomes crispy. Preheat the oven to 220°C. When you place the puff pastry in the oven at a low temperature, the fat separates from the dough and the desired effect: “crispy and leafy” is avoided.
2. Strawberries and Puff Pastry
The sweeter and more sun-ripened the strawberries are, the less sugar you have to add. So buy very ripe strawberries or pick them yourself for the strawberry season. Strawberries in puff pastry are for me the sweet variant of sausage in a dressing gown. I appreciate such finger food recipes, not only when guests come. After all, it goes fast and offers a great taste experience.
3. Tip for Strawberries in Puff Pastry
The ultimate tip for baking strawberries in puff pastry is to use a muffin tin. You can place the square dough plates directly into the moulds and then fill in the strawberries. This is sure to work and the pastry gets an exciting and beautiful shape when baked. The result is really something to be proud of.
4. Filling for Strawberries with Puff Pastry
You can fill the strawberries in puff pastry before baking or after baking additionally with various sweet things. I will explain this in detail here:
5. Strawberries Puff Pastry Pudding
After baking, I always fill the vanilla pudding into the lukewarm or cooled pastry. A skin pass bag is helpful here. You can cook the pudding yourself or use a pudding from the cup.
6. Strawberries Puff Pastry Whipped Cream
The whipped cream must definitely be added after the pastry has cooled down. This is the only way to preserve the airy effect of the whipped cream. Either use a cream boy or whip the cream first and then fill it with the skin pass bag into the puff pastry strawberry pastry. My homemade whipped cream always gets some vanilla sugar and sometimes egg liqueur as a tasty addition.
7. Strawberries Puff Pastry Mascarpone
I mix the mascarpone (a cup) with lemon juice (100 ml) and vanilla sugar (2 sachets), I then pass the mascarpone extra to the strawberry dessert. The mascarpone also tolerates fresh and finely chopped mint as an addition, this is a fantastic refreshing dessert cream for the summer!
8. Strawberries Puff Pastry Curd Cheese
I let the curd (one packet) drip off on a hair sieve, then mix it with 50 ml lemon juice, 2 packets vanilla sugar and 2 egg yolks. Bake the curd cheese with it and first add it to the dough, then add the strawberries. Cut out the puff pastry, place in the muffin cups and press in, fill in the prepared curd cheese and then add the halved strawberries. Lightly and elegantly close the top of the dough and bake.
9. Strawberries Puff Pastry Cream Cheese
The cream cheese can be baked with it or served as cream cheese cream with the baked pastry. If you want to bake cream cheese, mix a pack of cream cheese with an egg yolk, some lemon juice and a packet of vanilla sugar. Fill the prepared cream cheese as well as the quark. If you want to serve the cream cheese cold with the pastry, just mix it with a little more lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
10. Recipe Strawberries with Puff Pastry
OTHER LANGUAGES: German