OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The potato salad with yogurt is refreshing and therefore an ideal dish for the summer. This salad is ideal for the next barbecue, its cooling properties and the creamy overall picture harmonise perfectly with grilled meat. My simple recipe for potato salad with yogurt you will find at the end of this page. I am happy if you share this post on Facebook with your friends, thank you!
- 1. Which Potatoes To Use For Potato Salad?
- 2. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Iceberg Salad, ideal for Diets
- 3. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Mayonnaise
- 4. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Onions
- 5. Potato Salad with Yogurt, Cucumber or Iceberg Salad
- 6. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Herbs
- 7. More Recipes for Potato Salad
- 8. Yogurt Potato Salad Recipe
- 9. Tips For Yogurt Potato Salad
- 10. Calories (kcal) Potato salad with Yogurt, the Nutritional Values
1. Which Potatoes To Use For Potato Salad?
For all potato salads you use the following, correct potato varieties: These are shape-retaining, waxy (also called “fat cooking”) or predominantly waxy potato varieties such as: Agria, Bamberger Croissants, Hansa, Linda, Marabel, Sieglinde, Ditta, Cilena, Nicola, Selma.
2. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Iceberg Salad, ideal for Diets
My recipe is a very simple one. The yogurt dressing for potato salad consists only of yogurt, a little mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. As a professional chef I like to recommend the addition of a little cayenne pepper. This gives a balanced spiciness and balances the black pepper. The result is a sensational harmonious and pleasant spiciness. Because the potato salad with yogurt is always quite pale, I mix iceberg lettuce with it, recently I decorate this wonderful salad also with goji berries. So a diet potato salad can be fun!
3. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Mayonnaise
It remains a matter of taste whether you refine your potato salad with yogurt and additionally with mayonnaise. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise to my recipe below. The potato salad then becomes “thicker” in volume and has a stronger mouthfeel. The more mayonnaise you add, the more the potato salad with yogurt loses its lightness. My contribution mayonnaise selfmade shows the preparation of this tasty cream in detail.
4. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Onions
This information about onions in potato salad can be found with every recipe (for potato salad) in my Kochblog: Onions like to ferment in potato salad, so that you prevent that there are three variants for onions in potato salad:
- Just before serving, cut the onions fresh and mix them with the potato salad. Eat everything promptly – the shelf life of the potato salad is limited (even if stored in a cool place).
- Blanch the onion cubes briefly, then mix into the salad, cooled down – keep cool for approx. one day.
- Marinate the onion cubes in some vinegar and sugar for approx. 10 minutes and then mix in without the marinade – keep cool for approx. one day.
5. Potato Salad with Yogurt, Cucumber or Iceberg Salad
In addition to pickled gherkins, pickled gherkins or gherkins, you can also add finely sliced gherkin slices to the potato salad. Plane the cucumber, then salt it and let it stand for ten minutes. The cucumber slices draw some water during this time, please do not pour this into the potato salad, because it will water down. I prepared my potato salad with iceberg lettuce, I like that because the lettuce stays crisp and gives a great mouthfeel. Other types of lettuce can also be used. Suitable are lamb’s lettuce, radicchio (colour!) and oak leaf lettuce. Wash the salad – please not: wash lamb’s lettuce is different. Die vorbereiteten Blattsalate trocken geschleudert bzw. gelegt kurz vor dem Servieren unter den Kartoffelsalat mischen.
6. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Herbs
I do not add herbs to potato salad with yogurt and iceberg lettuce. If you leave the iceberg lettuce out, the following herbs fit:
– Freshly sliced chives (be careful, the shelf life is the same as for onions)
– Finely chopped parsley
– Freshly plucked thyme
– Watercress (beware sharp!) and gardencress
7. More Recipes for Potato Salad
potato salad with mustard, Bavarian potato salad from Munich, Swabian potato salad, easy potato salad, classic potato salad, potato salad with bacon, potato salad with mayonnaise, Potato Salad with Lamb’s Lettuce and Porcini Mushrooms in Strudel Dough, Viennese Potato Salad.
8. Yogurt Potato Salad Recipe
OTHER LANGUAGES: German