OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Mustard Potato Salad shows you a particularly hearty potato salad with mustard. The spiciness of mustard brings expressiveness to the great tubers.
In this article I show you a fast potato salad with mustard and a simple decoration tip.
Good success! Please share this post on Facebook, thank you!
- 1. Potato Salad and Mustard, that tastes good
- 2. Which Potato Variety do I need for Potato Salad?
- 3. Potato Salad with Mustard and Mayo
- 4. Mustard-Potato Salad and Onions
- 5. Potato Salad with Mustard and Cucumber
- 6. Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 7. Weitere Rezepte für Kartoffelsalat
- 8. Recipe Potato Salat with Mustard
- 9. Tipps for Potato Salad with Mustard
- 10. Potato Salad with Mustard and Herbs
- 11. Calories (kcal) Potato Salad with Mustard and Mayo, the Nutritional Values
1. Potato Salad and Mustard, that tastes good
Mustard goes well with potatoes, try it out! Medium-hot mustard, tarragon mustard (Austria) or Dijon mustard can be used for the mustard variety. The sweet Bavarian mustard paste is also good. The Dijon mustard is very hot and needs some sugar, so that the hotness is pleasantly balanced. The medium-hot and tarragon mustard is milder compared to the Dijon mustard, very little sugar and lemon juice can not harm as a supplement. Since in almost every potato salad some mustard appears in the ingredients list, I have made my potato salad with mustard particularly strong so that it really deserves its name.
2. Which Potato Variety do I need for Potato Salad?
The right potato varieties are important, please buy shape-retaining, waxy (also “fatty”) or predominantly waxy potato varieties such as: Agria, Bamberger Croissants, Cilena, Ditta, Hansa, Linda, Marabel, Nicola, Sieglinde and Selma. This also applies to other potato salads, not only potato salad with mustard!
3. Potato Salad with Mustard and Mayo
The mayonnaise makes the salad creamy and creates the special and strong mouthfeel. The radishes are not only a decoration, they harmonize perfectly with the potato salad with mustard dressing due to the mustard oils they contain.
3.1 Mayonnaise for Potato Salad with Mustard
Do you want it to go fast? Then I use ready-made mayonnaise from the supermarket. I like to add some crème fraîche to the mayonnaise. The strong taste of the mayonnaise is softened thereby somewhat. A homemade mayonnaise is, of course, better, so that you can succeed here in the short version in the current text, the article with recipe mayonnaise selfmade goes into details.
3.2 Making Mayonnaise for Mustard-Potato Salad by yourself
The ingredients for 250 g mayonnaise consist of: Two fresh egg yolks, currently meadows & herb eggs; 4 pinches salt, rock salt from Austria; 240 ml rapeseed oil or sunflower oil; 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar and 4 pinches pepper.
3.3 Mayonnaise Preparation Video
In the cooking video I show you the preparation of the homemade mayonnaise step by step, this contribution is not sponsored!
4. Mustard-Potato Salad and Onions
Onions like to ferment in potato salad, so that you prevent that there are three variants for onions in potato salad:
- Just before serving, cut the onions fresh and mix them with the potato salad. Eat everything promptly – the shelf life of the potato salad is limited (even if stored in a cool place).
- Blanch the onion cubes briefly, then mix into the salad, cooled down – keep cool for approx. one day.
- Marinate the onion cubes in some vinegar and sugar for approx. 10 minutes and then mix in without the marinade – keep cool for approx. one day.
5. Potato Salad with Mustard and Cucumber
Pickles or pickled gherkins can be added to my recipe at any time in small pieces. Two pickles per serving are a good amount. If you want to make it extra fine, please use gherkins. These small cucumbers are crunchier and therefore the best choice.
6. Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Honey can generally be exchanged for sugar. I have also tried it with my recipe below. Use rather a neutral bee honey, no forest or meadow honey. The two last mentioned honey sorts are very intensive in the own taste and bring quite “restlessness” into the taste picture.
7. Weitere Rezepte für Kartoffelsalat
Bavarian potato salad from Munich, potato salad with yogurt, Swabian potato salad, easy potato salad, classic potato salad, potato salad with bacon, potato salad with mayonnaise, Potato Salad with Lamb’s Lettuce and Porcini Mushrooms in Strudel Dough, Viennese Potato Salad.
8. Recipe Potato Salat with Mustard
OTHER LANGUAGES: German