OTHER LANGUAGES: German
In this article I show you the fast Potato Casserole Recipe. It comes from my first cookbook: Der Minutenkoch – schmeckt.schneller. I have optimised and refined the dish many times in recent years.
In addition to potatoes as the main ingredient, courgettes are also added to the casserole. With a little skill you can prepare it in less than 15 minutes. Then the oven does the work and you can dress up for dinner.
I wish you all the best and look forward to your comments at the end of this page.
Potato gratin potato variety: Use a waxy potato variety for potato gratin and potato gratin.
1. Potato Gratin Shopping List
You need for the potato gratin:
- waxy potatoes
- vegetable broth (cubes or powder)
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg
- some cheese, for example freshly grated Emmentaler for the finish
The exact quantities can be found in the potato gratin recipe at the bottom of the page.
2. Vegetarian Potato Gratin and Side Dishes
You can tell by the shopping list This potato gratin is vegetarian and creates variety at the dining table.
I like to serve a colourful leaf salad with the potato gratin. So the creamy preparation with cream finds a refreshing addition.
Always wash the salad thoroughly, then spin dry and marinate with a simple vinegar-oil dressing. Tomatoes, radishes and other vegetables are an excellent accompaniment.
3. Prepare Casserole, Professional Cooking Tips
Please observe the following preparation tips during preparation:
- Use a waxy potato variety.
- Plane the peeled potatoes evenly thin with a kitchen plane.
- The thinner the potatoes and courgettes are planed, the faster the casserole is ready.
- Cut additional vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms or eggplant into thin slices.
- Put the spinach in a thin layer because the spinach leaves a lot of water.
- At best, fry the vegetables briefly beforehand to reduce the risk of the casserole becoming watery.
- Always place other vegetables between a generous layer of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cream sauce vigorously with salt, pepper, cayenne and optional broth.
- Season to taste very salty, as the potatoes always need a lot of salt.
- With cheese you can try out new things flexibly, Emmentaler, Gouda, light blue cheese, Parmesan or Pecorino fit excellently.
- Put the cheese on the casserole at the end and gratinate briefly.
- I prepare this casserole classically without cheese!
- Decorate the potato gratin with various herbs such as marjoram, fried sage or parsley.
- Cook the last 10 minutes some cocktail tomatoes, lying on the casserole with, this is a great color game!
4. Recipe Potato Casserole
Here is the recipe for the wonderful gratin. I wish you success and a good appetite. Comments are welcome, write me at the end of the page.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German