OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The recipe Poached Egg with fried Potatoes I present to you today. It is a great dish for breakfast and brunch with friends or two.
The exciting egg dish can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. I like the egg with fried potatoes because the potatoes give it a crispy and hearty touch.
The combination of potatoes and the liquid, poached egg is simply delicious.
Please try it out quickly, share it with your friends on Facebook, thank you!
- 1. How to Poach the Egg, the Instructions
- 2. Fried Potatoes as a Side Dish to the Poached Egg
- 3. Making fried roast Potatoes as Star Chef!
- 4. Prepare Roast Potatoes with Egg in the Correct Order
- 5. Poached Egg for Maundy Thursday, Easter Breakfast and Easter Brunch
- 6. Decoration for the Egg Dish
- 7. Recipe
- 8. Calories (kcal.) Poached egg with fried roast potatoes
1. How to Poach the Egg, the Instructions
Making poached eggs yourself is quite simple, I already described this in the recipe: Egg poached on spinach and don’t want to create double entries here.
2. Fried Potatoes as a Side Dish to the Poached Egg
If you have any boiled potatoes left from the day before, fry your potatoes directly in the pan. I like to prepare crispy fried potatoes from fresh, raw potatoes and fry the potato slices in hot vegetable oil.
Fried potatoes from fresh, raw potato slices taste great!
- First dip the prepared potato slices into hot oil for approx. 3 minutes.
- Use a frying basket for this!
- The fried potatoes must then be quickly removed from the fat and should cool for a few minutes.
- When the potatoes cool down, the starch comes out of the potatoes and when they are fried again, the fried potato slices become crispy and brown.
- This is the same technique as making and preparing French fries yourself!
You can find my instructions on how to prepare fried potatoes elsewhere!
3. Making fried roast Potatoes as Star Chef!
In the starred excellent kitchen of Alfons Schuhbeck in Munich, Bavaria, we did it exactly as I described it above.
Yes, we even fried the cooked potato slices so that they always brown evenly. After frying, the fried potato slices are placed in a hot pan with foamed butter.
Finally, these roast potatoes are a real hit when they are tossed and seasoned with salt, pepper, nutmeg, caraway and marjoram!
Prepare fried potatoes like star chef, I’ll show you how!
4. Prepare Roast Potatoes with Egg in the Correct Order
First prepare the fried potatoes. At the same time you can prepare the tomato cubes, blanch the tomatoes, skin them and prepare beautiful tomato concassee (that’s what cooks call the tomato cubes without skin).
When the potatoes are in the pan, you can dare to approach the poached egg.
First prepare the fried potatoes, then you succeed the court stress-free!
You can then prepare the eggs in a concentrated and cosy way with the right and desired consistency, soft, waxy or firmly poached.
5. Poached Egg for Maundy Thursday, Easter Breakfast and Easter Brunch
The poached egg with fried potatoes is for me next to the poached egg on spinach a real highlight for Maundy Thursday.
Besides, I like to serve the two egg dishes for Easter brunch, as late breakfast and generally for multi-course brunch with friends.
The preparation is really simple and my guests are always enthusiastic, because otherwise such egg dishes are rare.
Poached egg with roast potatoes – an ideal dish for the next brunch!
6. Decoration for the Egg Dish
My egg dish is quite colourful. The fried and roast potatoes harmonize perfectly with the poached egg.
I also add tomato cubes for freshness and herbs like marjoram and cress. I peel the tomatoes, how this works, I show in the article tomatoes peel and skin step by step.
My recipe follows at the end of the page in detail, as always with all ingredients and preparation steps clearly structured and prepared.
After all, you’re supposed to succeed in court. The dish is very suitable as a starter, not only when vegetarians (who eat eggs) come into the house.
Finally, the info again: The correct spelling for the dish and the method of preparation is poaching, but this is pronounced “posching”. I am pleased about positive remarks to the recipe and contribution!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German