OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my recipe for Pea -Soup. You will definitely be able to cook your own delicious pea soup after reading these lines.
Whether you want to prepare the soup with fresh peas, frozen peas or peel peas, here is the right guide for you. With bacon, without bacon, vegetarian or vegan, I summarize all relevant facts here.
Conjure up a fine soup in your kitchen and make your dearest people happy.
1. Prepare Pea Soup
The simple preparation of pea soup explained here step by step:
- For a soup for 4 people you need about 300 g to 450 g peas, you can use fresh peas, frozen peas or dried peas.
- Peel four shallots or two onions, dice into small cubes and place in a high pot.
- Finely chop half a clove of garlic and add to the mixture.
- Pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil (vegan pea soup) into the pot, alternatively a piece of butter (approx. 30 g).
- Add the peas and sweat for about 10 minutes until translucent (without colour).
- Deglaze with dry white wine and vegetable stock and bring the pea soup to the boil.
- Prepare the soup with fresh peas and frozen peas and let it simmer for about 30 minutes without a lid.
- Cook the soup, prepared with peas, for approx. 60 minutes until lightly simmering, with the lid on, until the peas are soft.
- Bring the soup to the boil and optionally add cream or soy cream (vegan/vegetarian): Slowly add the cream to the boiling soup.
- Remove some peas from the soup and prepare them for serving.
2. Pea Soup with frozen Peas and fresh Peas
That the preparation of the pea soup, prepared with frozen peas does not differ from the preparation of the pea soup with fresh peas I have summarized these here. Fresh peas from the garden please peel, this is a meditative activity and makes fun! You can put frozen peas directly into the pot, the peas can also be frozen, this is even beneficial for the preservation of the beautiful green color.
Please note the following: Cook the pea soup from fresh or frozen peas always without lid and as fast as possible. Then the soup remains green. The soup turns grey to brown if you put a lid on the pot or heat the soup several times. Light green, fresh soup looks better on the plate, that’s my recommendation.
Pea soup and perfect dinner: Prepare the soup, pass through a fine sieve and stir cold on ice. This way the soup stays green and you can heat it up when your guests are there. Before serving, mix the soup with the hand blender until foamy, adding cold butter… WOW… DELICIOUS…
3. Pea Soup with yellow Peas
The pea soup with yellow peas differs a little in the preparation. You don’t have to put the peas in water because the peel is already removed.
So give the peas directly to the soup as described above. You can then cook the pea soup with the lid on. A peasoup always turns slightly grey, so it is better and energy-saving to cook this soup with lid.
The cooking time is usually about an hour, please note the information on the packaging of the yellow peas.
4. Pea Soup vegan and vegetarian
The presented soup is vegetarian or vegan in base. I prefer this variant for some time, because many guests and friends want to do without meat and because a high portion of vegetable nutrients is good for our well-being.
I would be happy if the recipe for you is a good suggestion. Here are some tips for vegan bacon, a new product to try out. Information here!
5. Pea Soup classic
The classic pea soup is served in Germany with a Viennese sausage and prepared with bacon. You can leave out bacon cubes crispy in a pan and then serve them separately with the soup. Alternatively, a soy sausage can be served as a vegan or vegetarian soup.
6. Pea Soup Recipe
Below is my recipe for pea soup with exact quantities. Tips for the soup and decoration can be found with the ingredients and additional information on how to prepare a vegan carrot soup.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German