OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’m showing you my mustard sauce recipe and because it is such a good theme to combine, I’ve made the recipe fish in mustard sauce, mashed potatoes and capers.
It’s a poached redfish fillet with mashed potatoes and mustard sauce. The warm mustard sauce goes well with cooked seafood like cod, redfish, sole, plaice and salmon – as well as freshwater fish like pikeperch, trout, perch and carp.
You can fry or poach your fish, even freshly smoked fish goes well with warm mustard sauce.
I’ll show you the warm mustard sauce with fish in two + one variations. Both sauces work in less than 15 minutes.
In addition, I have added a quick recipe for cold mustard sauce: Keywords are Graved Salmon (Gravlax), Ikea Mustard Sauce, Smoked Salmon… So you can react flexible to the situation and wish you good success and a lot of fun cooking by yourself.
1. Mustard Sauce Recipe (warm), the Gourmet Variant
First of all I would like to show you the warm mustard sauce in the premium version…
- Sweat two shallots diced with butter (50 g), pimento (one grain) and bay leaf (one piece) for about five minutes until translucent.
- Deglaze with 50 ml white wine and bring to the boil with 150 ml vegetable broth.
- For binding, stir into the cold cream (150 ml) with 1 tsp corn starch and then slowly pour the cream into the boiling broth.
- Season the sauce with 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard, 3 pinches of salt, 2 pinches of pepper, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 pinches of nutmeg.
- Mix for the taste the mustard sauce with a little sugar (2 pinches) and mix the sauce with cold butter (15 g) until foamy – dill, chervil, parsley and capers go well with this.
Voila, wonderful, the wonderful mustard sauce works so fast, it goes very well with boiled beef and fish by the way!
To keep it exciting, I have added two additional secret ingredients to the recipe below, which make your taste buds ring :-)So it’s worth reading!
2. Mustard Sauce Recipe (warm), the quick Variation
If you have to go really fast, here is the recipe mustard sauce for the fast kitchen…
- Add 150 ml of cold water with 1 teaspoon vegetable stock and 1 teaspoon starch to a saucepan, mix and bring to the boil.
- Add 150 ml cream to the boiling sauce, season with 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 3 pinches salt, 2 pinches pepper, 1 pinch cayenne pepper and 2 pinches nutmeg and approx.
- Add 3 pinches sugar and mix with cold butter (15 g) until foamy. Capers, parsley, dill and chervil go well with this sauce.
Adjust the strength of the bond to your taste. You can either boil the sauce down or add a little more cornflour.
Please be careful, the sauce does not bind until it is cooked. This means: add cornflour, bring to the boil, check binding, add more cornflour to taste.
Important: Always mix cornflour with cold liquid, then add to warm liquid. You can also stir cold and bring to the boil. The sauce doesn’t clot!
3. Cold Mustard Sauce Recipe
In order to complete the article and the flow of information towards your kitchen, here is a short version of the recipe for the cold mustard sauce:
- mix 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard with 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. dill and taste the sauce with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- you can add crème fraîche to this cold mustard sauce or a little Mayo!
Many of us know this sauce with Graved Salmon and Smoked Salmon. It simply succeeds and tastes delicious!
4. Recipe Fish in Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and Capers
Here step by step with many photos the instructions for the dish. Please use the comment function to send us your questions!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German