OTHER LANGUAGES: German
What makes a recipe meatballs with muesli coat? You’ve already read right: Cereal and meatballs! You can add the meatballs or meatballs with muesli wrapping and also some muesli in the meat mass.
That’s how it came about: Max Wittrock from mymüsli sent me ingenious muesli varieties and I experimented with them.
I was thrilled by the different types of muesli. So I tried out some crazy ideas about “cooking with muesli”. Muesli with milk, anyone can do that! I changed my mind and tried something different. My test eaters were thrilled! The children found the new creation very exciting.
Wish you good luck trying it out!
- 1. Ideas for Meatballs, Burger, Bavarian Fleischpflanzerl and Swedish Kottbullar
- 2. Prepare the Minced Meat Mass
- 3. Portion the Minced Meat Mass evenly
- 4. Form Minced Meat and Bread with Muesli and fry
- 5. Make your own Tomato Ketchup
- 6. Cooking Video to the Recipe
- 7. Recipe Meatballs, Burger, Bavarian Fleischpflanzerl and Swedish Kottbullar in a Muesli Coat
- 8. Calories Meatballs with Muesli
- 9. Other interesting Recipes with Minced Meat
1. Ideas for Meatballs, Burger, Bavarian Fleischpflanzerl and Swedish Kottbullar
Today I combine an ingenious muesli with the meatballs. The muesli is used as a kind of breading.
The Pflanzerl get a crispy muesli coat, I serve a homemade tomato ketchup with it.
Whether you end up making meatballs, burgers, Fleischpflanzerl or köttbullar is up to you.
Good idea: meatballs in a muesli coat!
2. Prepare the Minced Meat Mass
The minced meat from the butcher must always be processed and thoroughly cooked within 24 hours.
This is about kitchen hygiene, clean work and healthy food. The minced meat mass for the meatballs consists of half beef and half pork.
The mass is simply seasoned: mustard, garlic, parsley, onion cubes, eggs, salt and pepper are completely sufficient.
As an exception, I do without other herbs and aromatics, so that the muesli can have a taste in the foreground.
The crispy muesli coat has it all. In addition to an exciting mouthfeel, the sweet muesli ingredients create an interesting contrast.
Always process minced meat promptly, within 24 hours!
3. Portion the Minced Meat Mass evenly
So that your meatballs, Fleischpflanzerl or burger get the same size, I recommend that you portion the minced meat mass before shaping.
Use an ice cream scoop for small portions, a small ladle for larger portions. Dip your scoop into cold water and portion the same amount of minced meat mass.
4. Form Minced Meat and Bread with Muesli and fry
Now moisten the hands with cold water and form the previously portioned minced meat piles evenly. You can form flat or taller loaves, meatballs or burger, as well as balls, which are then completed as meatballs.
Place the muesli on a plate and bread the loaves by carefully rolling and pressing them into the muesli.
Now it’s straight into the pan, cakes, planters or meatballs you can fry in a little fat or oil. If you have decided on meatballs, I recommend that you fry them floating.
5. Make your own Tomato Ketchup
For the tomato ketchup…
- Lightly fry the onion cubes in a little oil.
- Add a little sugar and caramelise lightly.
- Add the tomatoes, finely chopped ginger and balsamic vinegar to the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the tomato ketchup simmer for 15 minutes.
You can also bind the tomato ketchup with some cornflour and mix. This prevents lumps from forming: Stir one heaped teaspoon of starch into 80 ml cold water.
Then gradually pour the dissolved starch into the boiling ketchup until the desired binding is achieved.
6. Cooking Video to the Recipe
The video step by step instruction shows the successful preparation.
7. Recipe Meatballs, Burger, Bavarian Fleischpflanzerl and Swedish Kottbullar in a Muesli Coat
Each muesli offers you a different taste experience: muesli with raisins, cranberries and other fruits bring a varied taste to the minced meat.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German