OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My Lemon Chicken recipe I show you in this post.
You can prepare this roast chicken in the oven or on the grill. The advantage of the preparation in the oven: You prepare the chicken, the side dishes and the sauce in a wash. This is practical and saves time.
When you get guests, it’s a great dish. Below you will find some tips on how to put meat and side dishes on your plate without stress.
Have fun reading and good luck!
1. Marinate Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary
Chicken with lemon and rosemary, this is a great summer dish. Here, great aromas develop when roasted, the taste is heavenly!
I do the marinating as follows:
- Place a large frozen bag in the freezer and open it
- Rub an organic lemon directly onto the bag with the fine grater,
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of dried or freshly and finely chopped rosemary and 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Add a few pinches of chilli flakes according to taste,
- Close the bag with a knot and massage the chicken with the herbs and aromatics vigorously with your hands.
- You can let the marinated chicken mature in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 24 hours and then prepare it.
- Place the marinated chicken on a deep baking tray or in a roaster, push in front of the oven and season with salt and pepper.
Now let’s think about the side dishes… to this chicken fit the most different vegetables and salads…
2. Side Dish Ideas for Lemon Chicken with Rosemary
Now let’s look at the list of side dishes. I’ve structured this a bit to make your kitchen life easier.
Vegetables to prepare in the Oven:
- Potatoes sliced or cut into quarters or eighths
- Sweet potatoes halved
- Courgettes sliced or cut into pieces
- Bell pepper red, yellow, green – cut into long strips
- Eggplant sliced or quartered
- Oyster mushrooms, chanterelles, champignons and other mushrooms
- Cucumber salad with or without dill, prepared with cream or without cream
- Tomato salad
- Various potato salads
- Green salad or colourful leaf salad with salad dressing of your choice
Further Side Dishes:
- Tomato rice
- Saffron risotto
- Roasted asparagus
- Grill asparagus
- French fries
- fried potatoes
- potato gratin
- Ratatouille prepared in an extra pot
- baked potatoes
Sauces and Dips:
I’ve written you the sauces above, but this chicken doesn’t need any extra sauce because the gravy tastes delicious.
3. Cooking Video preparing Roast Chicken
In the following Headcam Cooking video I show you the preparation of chicken in the oven as an example for this recipe.
4. Recipe Lemon Chicken
Now you’re well prepared, let’s go to the kitchen. Here are some tips for grilling chicken in the garden.
Grilling halved chicken – goes faster: I like to halve the chicken before marinating and place the chicken halves on the grill. This way you can prepare the grill chicken faster and safer.
Whole chicken – please grill indirectly: If you place the whole chicken on the grill, indirect grilling has proven to be effective: To do this, push the embers to the sides of the grill and grill at the same time with the lid on.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German