OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my recipe Lamb Shank. The knuckle of lamb is a popular stew and is very easy to cook.
I prepare the lamb knuckle gladly as roast lamb, each guest gets then a knuckle on the plate and is happy.
This makes considerably less work in the kitchen, so this recipe is ideal for the guest kitchen.
We like to enjoy the lamb at Easter, but as a typical and classic stew it fits perfectly into the cold season and at Christmas.
Wish you good luck, share this article with your friends!
1. Prepare a Delicious Roast Lamb
The lamb knuckle is usually available frozen. For this lamb roast you need:
- One knuckle of lamb – Lamb shank per person fresh or frozen
- Soup vegetables carrots, celery, leek
- A strong red wine I recommend you a Rioja
- At best some port wine
- Veal stock freshly prepared or from the glass, alternatively a strong beef stock
- A good and matured balsamico to balance the acidity
- Tomato puree
- Garlic, bay leaf, thyme
- Some starch or a raw potato to tie the sauce.
NOW we already have a first overview, continue with the inserts.
When shopping, please pay attention to the origin of the lamb, a lamb from the organic farmer tastes usually better.
Milk lambs are very young slaughtered animals and therefore “lambs” are rare. Lambs that have grown up near the sea and have eaten slightly salty grass taste particularly delicious. No chef in the world can cause this salting in retrospect!
2. Lamb Roast Side Dishes
The roast lamb, the braised knuckle of lamb is excellent with the following side dishes:
- Rosemary potatoes, which you can prepare on a baking tray together with the lamb in the oven.
- Polenta, vegetable broth with garlic to the boil, mix up, let corn semolina shrink in and cook a delicious polenta!
- Potato gratin, thinly sliced Place potato slices in an oven dish, pour over garlic cream and cook with lamb.
- Mashed potatoes, quickly successful with fresh potatoes
- Celery puree, is an exciting LOW-Carb variation of mashed potatoes
- You can prepare baking oven vegetables directly with the lamb in the oven.
- Ratatouille is the classic lamb roast and tastes great.
- Bacon beans, you can use frozen or fresh beans
In the recipe below I show you my oven ratatouille and polenta as a side dish with braised lamb.
3. How do you prepare lamb shank? The most important at a glance
When preparing the lamb shank, pay attention to the following points:
- The knuckle lamb – lamb shank must be defrosted before you put it in the oven.
- It is best to stew the lamb knuckle in the oven with the lid on, then the meat will be butter-soft.
- The lamb sauce is made by stewing. High quality ingredients like wine, port wine, veal stock create a great sauce.
- Lamb please always arrange on very hot plates, only hot served lamb tastes good!
Preparing the lamb shank is very easy, the braised lamb cooks itself almost by itself. Next comes my recipe for your delicious roast lamb.
4. Recipe Lamb Shank
Let’s go now! Stewed lamb shank comes into your kitchen. You serve great side dishes: Ratatouille and polenta as well as a dreamlike lamb sauce. Good luck!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German