OTHER LANGUAGES: German
You will like my meat Grill Marinades recipe 🙂 Marinades for grilling are not only in demand in summer, marinated meat can be prepared wonderfully in the pan or in the oven!
Marinating gives the meat taste: by marinating it in herbs, flavouring it with garlic, spices and oil, the meat gains flavour and remains tender and juicy during preparation.
In this article I have clearly summarized four marinades, good success!
- 1. Simple Grill Marinades and what should be considered when Marinating?
- 2. Marinade for Beef
- 3. Marinade for Lamb and Lamb Meat
- 4. Grill Marinade for Pork Meat
- 5. Grill Marinade for Poultry
- 6. Recipe Meat Marinades
- 7. New trend: Only marinate while grilling
- 8. Other recipes for Grilling & Barbecue
1. Simple Grill Marinades and what should be considered when Marinating?
The grill marinades presented below are kept absolutely simple with 4-7 ingredients and are quickly prepared. The marinades are suitable for meat: pork, lamb and beef and for poultry: turkey and chicken.
1.1 Professional Chef Tips for Marinating:
- Before marinating, wash the meat and dab dry with kitchen paper.
- Do not salt the marinade, salt extracts water from the meat and dries it.
- Cover the meat completely with marinade and marinate for 1-3 hours for a maximum of 2 days.
- If the meat is marinated for more than an hour, please always place it in the refrigerator covered.
- Frozen bags are ideal for marinating, you can massage the marinade with your hands more strongly on the meat.
- Remove marinated meat from the fridge 40 minutes before preparation, the meat should be at room temperature, so it becomes tender and juicy.
- Notice my tip under point 7. Maybe you will try it out.
2. Marinade for Beef
Beef steaks and fillet of beef, short roast pieces are the right meat pieces to marinate for grilling. Whether rump steak, porterhouse steak or hip steak, the steaks should be well hung, please ask the butcher, a ripening time of 3-4 weeks has proven itself. Put the meat 1-2 days before grilling in the desired marinade in the recipe at the end of the page you will find the optimal marinades for beef: I recommend for beef the mustard marinade, the herb marinade and the barbecue marinade with paprika and honey. For veal I only use the herb marinade and the lime marinade.
As a practical addition I add my table for the Steak-Gargrade:
3. Marinade for Lamb and Lamb Meat
Lamb generally goes well with garlic, olive oil and herbs such as rosemary, thyme, marjoram and lemon peel. Lamb meat like lamb steaks. I marinate the saddle of lamb and the fillet of lamb with the herb marinade.
4. Grill Marinade for Pork Meat
The lime marinade, the herb marinade and the barbecue marinade with paprika and honey are particularly suitable for pork meat such as chops, steaks of pork neck or pork neck, for pork fillet or the popular spare ribs. Pork should be as fresh as possible, storage and maturing is not necessary for pork. I personally put pork in marinade at most one day before grilling.
5. Grill Marinade for Poultry
For poultry such as chicken breast, chicken legs, chicken wings and turkey steaks, lime marinade, herb marinade and barbecue marinade with paprika and honey are best. Always use poultry meat absolutely fresh and do not leave it outdoors unchilled for too long!
6. Recipe Meat Marinades
Below is my recipe for 4 grill marinades, clearly summarized. If you have any questions, please use the comment function.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German