OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Roasted dumplings and dumplings are not necessarily dishes where you are thinking of tasting your guests. The fasting food comes from southern Germany and is prepared in Bavaria and Austria if dumplings from the previous day are left. Today I’ll show you a great variant, which is quite suitable for your guests and also vegetarian (with egg) on the plate. I am looking forward to your comments and remarks, the recipe fried dumplings can be found at the bottom of the page. Share it with your friends on Facebook!
- 1. Dumplinggröstl favourite Recipe
- 2. Quickly prepare Sauerkraut
- 3. Preparing glazed Apples
- 4. Prepare roasted Dumplings
- 5. Prepare Sauce from Sauerkraut – Sauerkraut Cream Sauce
- 6. Decoration for the roasted Dumplings
- 7. Recipe Roasted Dumplings with Sauerkraut, served with glazed Apples and Sauerkraut Cream Sauce
- 8. Calories (kcal.) Knödelgröstl
1. Dumplinggröstl favourite Recipe
My favourite dumpling recipe is served with sauerkraut, a light sauce, marjoram and glazed apple pieces. The dumpling slices from napkin dumpling I fry crispy in the pan. For sauerkraut, apple and sauce there is as always a fast cooking method which I now share with you.
2. Quickly prepare Sauerkraut
I buy the sauerkraut ready, do not wash it out, put the cabbage in a pot. I add half a glass of stewed apple, two bay leaves, a tablespoon of marjoram, a teaspoon of caraway, a good sip of white wine (100 ml) and some salt and pepper. Bring the cabbage to the boil on a high heat and simmer for about 20 minutes on a low heat.
3. Preparing glazed Apples
I cut the apples with the skin into quarters, remove the core, then cut the apple quarters into eighths and fry in a large pan with some butter. After frying on both sides, season gently with salt and pepper, then place on a plate.
4. Prepare roasted Dumplings
I cut the dumplings into 5 mm thick slices and place them in the pan. Butter or clarified butter is ideal for frying. The dumplings are fried after 4 minutes and seasoned with salt and pepper.
5. Prepare Sauce from Sauerkraut – Sauerkraut Cream Sauce
In the meantime, the sauerkraut has cooked long enough. I pass the sauerkraut juice through a sieve into an extra pot, boil the sauerkraut juice up, slowly add some cream to the boiling liquid, season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg. You could bind the sauce with some starch, mixed in cold water, according to your taste. Later, the sauce is mixed with cold butter and then added to the dumplings.
6. Decoration for the roasted Dumplings
With fresh marjoram and fresh horseradish, my dumplings get a visual and tasty finish. I think even Mr. Witzigmann or Mr. Schuhbeck could come for dinner and they would certainly be thrilled.
7. Recipe Roasted Dumplings with Sauerkraut, served with glazed Apples and Sauerkraut Cream Sauce
The step by step instructions in the article above should be a good support for you, here follows the recipe with quantities and supplements.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German