OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my fast Cream Schnitzel recipe. You need fresh pork schnitzel or veal schnitzel, turkey schnitzel are also ok.
For the vegetarian version I recommend a smoked tofu. You will certainly find some spices in your kitchen…
Please also get onions or shallots, mushrooms, white wine, vegetable broth, flour and cream.
As a simple side dish, potatoes or… spaetzle.
This dish can be conjured up in various variations in a short time on the table. Let yourself be inspired now and enjoy the anticipation of a great dish with this article.
If you have any questions, please use the comment function. Good luck!
1. Cream Schnitzel vegan, how does it work??
The present time brings with it many changes. More and more people want to eat less meat or even do without animals completely.
The reasons are different: For example, the sluggish improvements in animal husbandry, associated with the demand to reduce animal suffering.
Or the health aspect: Eating little meat means creating balance.
Vegan cream schnitzel, a good idea if your guests don’t eat meat…
I would like to show you a simple idea of how you can prepare the classic dish in a vegan or vegetarian version using the cream escalope.
One variant is to buy a vegetarian or vegan meat substitute. But today I prefer smoked tofu.
Instead of cream you can use soy cream. The butter remains as an ingredient, for a vegan preparation simply leave it out.
2. Schnitzel in Cream Sauce classic
To get in the mood, I have made an overview of the preparation here…
- Think first about the side dishes, spaetzle or fried potatoes…
- Clean and chop the mushrooms.
- You can use champigons, chanterelles, oyster mushrooms and porcini mushrooms.
- Cut the shallot or yellow onion into fine cubes.
- Lightly plate the schnitzel, season with salt and pepper.
- Place one side of the cutlet in flour.
- Fry the meat in the pan with a little more oil or clarified butter on both sides and let it take on colour.
- Remove the schnitzel from the pan…
- First fry the mushrooms vigorously in the pan.
- Add the diced shallot and sweat until translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and broth and bring to the boil.
- Slowly add the cream or soy whip and bring to the boil.
- Put the schnitzel back in the pan and fry briefly with the lid on.
- Arrange side dishes, bring sauce to the boil, season and refine with fresh parsley.
- Put the meat and sauce on the plate.
Tofu I grill very briefly in the grooved pan. So a nice pattern comes on the cut surfaces. You can see this in the picture above.
3. Recipe Cream Schnitzel
Here now for your kitchen the step by step photo tutorial. Wish you good luck…
OTHER LANGUAGES: German