OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Hello… Today I may present you my Coconut Macaroon recipe. These are macaroons that succeed quickly and easily.
I love coconut macaroons because of the egg whites and the coconut. That is what makes them so special. It is really something different than a usual cookie!
My family loves the macaroons because they are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside… hmmm
For Christmas the coconut macaroons are a great pastry and complement the colorful biscuit plate wonderfully.
Good baking success!
1. Coconut Macaroons, so fast and easy it goes
Our delicious ‘Kokosbusserl’, as they are also called in Austria, are quick and easy to prepare.
- The egg whites give the macaroons their stability and fluffiness.
- Coconut flakes give an intense taste and bite.
- Lemon juice makes the macaroons fresh and juicy.
The coconut macaroons become particularly beautiful when they are sprayed with a piping bag with a large star spout.
Coconut macaroons are a so-called permanent pastry. Due to their high sugar content, they remain fresh for a few weeks in a sealed tin.
2. Egg Whites for Macaroons
No fear of preparing beaten egg whites. It works perfectly if you pay attention to a few things:
- First I advise you to sieve the icing sugar.
- It is important that the bowl and mixing sticks are clean and absolutely fat-free so that the egg whites become really firm.
- Beat your eggs individually. Make sure that no egg yolk gets into the egg white during separation.
- Use 1 pinch of salt when whipping.
- Beat your egg whites for 1-2 minutes. When your egg whites start to set, gradually let the icing sugar trickle while beating.
- Then continue beating your egg whites until they are stiff and the icing sugar has completely dissolved.
Separate egg white and yolk nicely, please…
3. Variants for Baking
After cooling down you can dip the underside of the coconut macaroons in melted dark chocolate or simply put some chocolate on a spoon and pull over it. Of course, this also works just as well with white or milk chocolate.
You can also vary the taste with flavours such as rum, vanilla or bitter almond oil. At Christmas time a pinch of cinnamon or gingerbread spice fits perfectly.
You can add ground almonds, chopped pistachios or chopped candied orange peel as ingredients if you like.
4. This Way to the Baking Recipe!
Shall we start baking? My step-by-step instructions will help you to achieve the perfect baking result.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German