OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Hohoho, here comes my Christmas cookies recipe and it’s not as heavy as Santa’s sack!
The cookies are an evergreen of Christmas baking, just succeed and you can heat up the oven even at the last minute.
Christmassy scents then run through the house… Butter, cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, chocolate, now Christmas can come.
The classic Christmas cookies taste best when prepared with shortcrust pastry.
Does Santa Claus knock on the door? Hurry up with the baking, you don’t want to send him away without cookies! 🙂
Here are my step-by-step instructions. I wish you a lot of fun in your Christmas bakery and good luck!
1. Baking classic Christmas Cookies yourself, the most important Tips
Most cookie baking recipes come from my grandmother, I got my tips directly from Santa Claus and should bring them diligently among the people.
After all, Santa Claus wants to make people big and small happy. Please share the recipe, we are happy and the heavenly blessing has been given!
- To bake, please put on a Santa hat, the cookies will then be demonstrably better!
- Be sure to get an untreated organic lemon.
- Get the best organic butter and keep it cold.
- Buy organic farmers eggs, you need an egg with 50 g that corresponds to the size S/under 53 g.
- Get real Himalayan salt, this will make the biscuits more digestible.
- Finely grind powdered sugar from brown raw cane sugar yourself.
- Bake shortcrust pastry biscuits in the classic way on top and bottom heat.
- For decoration, mix icing sugar with vanilla sugar or provide chocolate or lemon juice.
- Prepare the ingredients and baking trays with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour freshly just before preparing the dough.
- If children are to be given presents, please make sure you have various cookie cutters available.
- Place the biscuits on baking paper, bake and allow to cool.
Vanilla pod, or the vanilla marrow is exceptionally not used, Santa Claus has clearly whispered that to me. He wants to have the vanilla pulp in the vanilla crescents, which you can also bake!
Please make sure you cut out star-shaped cookies, Santa likes them best.
Next, let’s look at the decoration of biscuits…
The following table shows some ideas, if you can think of other deco variants please write a comment directly at the end of the page, I’d be happy to add!
|Without decoration||Leave the biscuits without decoration after baking.|
|Lemon glaze / sugar glaze||mix a little lemon juice with icing sugar and spread on the mixture|
|egg yolk||Coat biscuits with egg yolk before baking|
|coloured glaze||Paint biscuits with food colours.|
|sugar sprinkles||Decorate the biscuits with sugar icing and sugar sprinkles.|
|gold dust||Decorate the biscuits with sugar icing and gold jam.|
|chocolate icing||Dip or brush the biscuits in liquid chocolate.|
3. Christmas Cookies Recipe
But now quickly to the bakery, I wish you good luck!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German