OTHER LANGUAGES: German
At this point I would like to present my professional version of the Apple Compote recipe. With a detailed step by step instruction I accompany you to the perfect result.
Autumn time is apple time. The apples ripen now not only in the supermarket shelf, but also in the gardens and on public trees. There are so many wonderful varieties in small and large, sweet and sour, red, colourful and yellow.
This variety inspires me, because with all of them you can cook, bake and also grill and fry great dishes and dishes!
I picked my apples myself: It is a special mix of small varieties.
Small apples are usually particularly healthy and aromatic… hmm
You are invited to follow my recipe suggestion, I also present many variants. I wish you good luck!
1. Prepare Apples as Dessert and Side Dish
For our aromatic cooked fruits I didn’t need long to think: Here I proudly show you my classic variant with a fine Calvados note.
For such a fine compote for eyes, nose, mouth and stomach you do not need much time and only some ingredients.
Don’t take the glass in the supermarket – a homemade apple compote tastes 1000 times better!
Ingredients list for Shopping/Garden and Kitchen Check
- star anise
My way to a perfect compote
I would like to give you three of my maxims for your preparation:
- I peel the apples, cut them evenly and add lemon juice quickly. That way the apples don’t get brown.
- Add sugar, calvados, vanilla and the other spices and mix well. Then I let my apple pieces stand in the marinade for almost 3 hours.
- At the stove I let the apples simmer for a while in the closed pot. A part of the liquid evaporates naturally and a wonderful consistency develops.
2. What kind of Apples for a stewed Apple?
Elstar, Jonagold, Alkmene, Braeburn, Holsteiner Cox, Boskoop, Gala, Idared… all are equally suitable for compote or puree
I would recommend any aromatic apple and as far as possible self harvested apples or fallen fruit!
3. How durable is my Apple Compote?
You can store my compote in the fridge for 3 days.
For a larger stock I take this way:
- I use sterile screw glasses.
- Therefore I put the empty, heat-resistant glasses together with the lids in a pot with boiling water.
- My compote has to be very hot in the glass.
- Then quickly put the lid on it and screw it down tightly.
- Thus the compote in the glass holds nearly 1 year. – By the way also a great gift and souvenir!
4. Variants of the Apple Compote
A compote on apples isn’t applesauce. A compote is lumpy. The apple sauce is rather the pureed variant. This can be achieved quickly by stroking through a sieve.
So the difference is not big. It is only a question of the desired haptics on your tongue. I love haptic and optical the compote 🙂
There are many ways to Rome, i.e. many tastes. Therefore I would like to present you wonderful variants of my presented classic.
|Spices||sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, star anise, cloves, ginger, chilli, cardamom, lemon peel zest, orange peel zest, mint|
|Liquid||lemon juice, calvados, dry white wine, rum, orange juice, lime juice|
|Fruit Friends||pears, rhubarb, mango, orange|
|Fits to...||pure, grated cake, rice pudding, yoghurt, cake, vanilla ice cream, fried liver, game, poultry such as duck and goose, braised beef|
5. Here is the Recipe
Step by step it’s easier. Below is the recipe with exact ingredients. Good success!
OTHER LANGUAGES: German