Here I show you my zucchini recipe. Preparing delicious courgette as a side dish is really easy and here I show you how.
Courgettes are a subspecies of garden squash, contain as much water as other squashes, are low in calories and rich in vitamins, and are easy to digest.
This delicious side dish goes well with classic sauerbraten, roulade and short-roasted meat as well as game.
So that you can be sure of cooking success in your kitchen, I will show you the preparation step by step with a cooking video. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Prepare courgette vegetables fresh, the cooking pro tips…
This little summary will get your mindset moving in the direction of tasty vegetables and is a good preparation aid.:
- Buy courgettes that are as small as possible, the smaller the courgettes, the finer the flavour.
- Make sure the skin is intact.
- Wash the courgettes thoroughly, dry them and cut them off at the end.
- Decide whether to prepare them with or without seeds and which type of cut to use.
- You can cut slices, rhombuses, sticks, cubes or tourned vegetable pieces.
- You need salt, pepper, sugar and optionally nutmeg.
- Butter or ghee is a good choice, you can also use olive oil!
- For the herbs, you can get or use parsley, lovage, thyme and dill from the garden or dried from the kitchen cupboard 🙂
I will discuss seasoning variations later in a table.
The smaller the courgette, the finer the taste. Maybe we’ll meet at the greengrocer’s soon to pick out the little vegetables.Shopping tip from chef Thomas Sixt
2. Courgette recipe
Below you will find the exact ingredients and step by step instructions with lots of photos.
By the way, you can send me a cooking question directly via the comment function!
- 250 g zucchini Ich verwende Bio gourgette
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 1/4 tsp salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp sugar I use brown cane sugar
- 4-6 pinches Pepper black, ground
- 30 g butter I like to use ghee
- 4 pinches nutmeg optional
- 1/2 tsp red pepper optional
- some thyme optional
- some dill optional
- Prepare the ingredients, wash and peel the courgettes.
- Now decide on the type of vegetable cut: You can prepare the vegetables without seeds or with seeds, slices, sticks, diamonds, cubes and tourned vegetable pieces.
- I decided to use rhombs without seeds. To do this, halve the courgettes lengthways and cut them into quarters. Cut out the seeds and then cut the flesh with the skin into diagonal diamonds.
- Add the sliced courgette pieces to the pot and pour in the oil.
- Sautieren Sie das Gemüse bei hoher Temperatur. Reduzieren Sie die Temperatur, fügen Sie Butter, Salz, Pfeffer, optional Muskatnuss und Zucker hinzu und karamellisieren Sie das Gemüse leicht.
- Arrange the vegetables and serve optionally sprinkled with red pepper, thyme or dill.
3. Calories and nutritional values
4. Ideas for seasoning courgette vegetables
You can vary the classic vegetables in many different ways and refine them individually. Here are some tips and ideas:
|Ginger||Finely grated into a paste, add at the end and cook briefly.|
|Herbs||Dill, thyme, lovage, parsley, fried crispy basil leaves.|
|Saffron||Dissolved in a little water, add at the end and let the liquid evaporate,
Luxury variant and very fine in taste.
|Coriander||Use sparingly! Add spice powder at the beginning, fresh herb at the end.|
|Sesame||Sprinkle on at the end, light and dark sesame seeds look and taste great!|
|Turmeric||Add a little turmeric at the end, it helps digestion!|
|Nuts and seeds||Combine with walnut kernels, cashew, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts or Brazil nuts.|
|Pomegranate seeds||Fold in just before serving, it's a visual kick and super healthy!|
|Soy sauce||Glaze with a little sauce at the end over high heat, please use little to no salt!|
|Curry||Season the vegetables with a little curry at the end.|
5. What courgette vegetables go with
As a classic side dish, this vegetable goes well with: