Today I present you my recipe for Wild Garlic Soup. I like the wonderful soup with the light garlic taste very much.
The bear’s garlic is available from March to May. Bear’s garlic can be recognized by its garlic smell and that is the best differentiation between the “autumn timeless” and the “lily of the valley” – CAUTION, the latter are poisonous!
You can play it safe and grow your own wild garlic or buy it in a shop.
For me the colour is important for the bear’s garlic soup, the soup must be fresh and green and have a soft bear’s garlic taste.
The wild garlic soup video shows you the preparation step by step.
Good success and a good appetite!
- 1. Cook Wild Garlic Soup
- 2. Garlic Soup in Thermomix
- 3. Wild Garlic Soup Alfons Schuhbeck
- 4. Wild Garlic Soup with Coconut Milk
- 5. Prepare Wild Garlic Soup with Wild Garlic Pesto
- 6. Wild Garlic Soup Cooking Video
- 7. Recipe Wild Garlic Soup
- 8. Calories Wild Garlic Soup, the Nutritional Values
- 9. More Delicious Soup Recipes
1. Cook Wild Garlic Soup
You can prepare the bear’s garlic soup as bear’s garlic foam soup or as bear’s garlic cream soup, I will briefly explain the differences.
The simple bear’s garlic soup is a bear’s garlic cream soup!
1.1 Wild Garlic Creme Soup
The wild garlic cream soup is lightly bound. It is creamy in appearance. You can supplement the soup set with potatoes and thus create a natural binding or later bind the soup with cornflour mixed in cold water to taste.
The bear’s garlic soup is a great soup for Easter. I like to prepare poached quail eggs for Easter.
1.2 Wild Garlic Foam Soup
This is the lighter version of the bear’s garlic soup and it does almost without binding. The soup is mixed with cold butter before serving and the foam promises a special taste experience.
2. Garlic Soup in Thermomix
The bear’s garlic soup can be prepared very easily in the Thermomix. Chop one or two small, peeled onions at level 5 for 20 seconds, then sweat them with 30 g butter for 5 minutes at 120°C on the left side. Add 100 ml white wine, 500 ml vegetable stock and boil 120°C for 10 minutes. Add wild garlic leaves or wild garlic pesto, 250 ml cream, salt, pepper, chilli and nutmeg, cook for 4 minutes at 100°C, then mix and serve quickly.
Bear’s garlic soup in Thermomix, it’s fast and practical!
3. Wild Garlic Soup Alfons Schuhbeck
At Alfons Schuhbeck we prepared the soup as follows: Sauté finely diced onions in butter, deglaze with white wine, add chicken stock, bring to the boil, slowly add the cream and reduce. Season the bear’s garlic soup with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Then mix in the wild garlic leaves, the soup was always stirred cold on ice so that the colour remains.
The bear’s garlic soup, prepared with chicken broth, flatters the palate. Vegan or vegetarian, the soup is cooked with vegetable broth!
4. Wild Garlic Soup with Coconut Milk
I have never prepared a bear’s garlic soup with coconut milk, I prefer cream or soy cream.
Wild garlic soup with coconut milk tastes cruel, I cannot recommend that!
5. Prepare Wild Garlic Soup with Wild Garlic Pesto
My recipe shows the preparation of the bear’s garlic soup with a wild garlic pesto. I like this type of preparation because it is practical and the colour remains very good. At the same time I can better control the power of the soup with the pesto. I insert the video here and still refer to the article with recipe wild garlic pesto.
Cream soup + wild garlic pesto results in fresh – bright green chef wild garlic soup!
5.1 Wild Garlic Pesto Cooking Video
6. Wild Garlic Soup Cooking Video
7. Recipe Wild Garlic Soup
- 3-4 tbs wild garlic pesto
- 1 pc onion
- 1 tbs Butter or sun flower oil
- 70 ml white wine
- 300 ml vegetable broth oder chicken broth
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch chili pepper dryed
- 100-200 ml soy cream or whipped cream / cream
- 80 g Tofu
- 1 tbs wheat flour or maize starch
- 1 pc chicken egg egg yolk or vegan egg substitute
- 50 g cereals
- 1 tbs sun flower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- For the wild garlic soup, please prepare the wild garlic pesto for the soup.
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil and make ready. Dice the onion and sauté in a little butter until translucent, deglaze with white wine, add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Season the soup to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg and some chilli, then slowly pour the soy cream into the boiling soup and bring to the boil.
- Remove the soup from the hot plate and mix in the ramson pesto to taste.
- Cut the tofu into cubes or slices, then turn in flour, pull through the whipped, whipped and spiced (salt, pepper, chilli) egg, then place in the muesli and press the muesli crust on all sides.
- Slowly fry tofu with muesli crust and a little sunflower oil from all sides, mix soup again and arrange, add tofu, decorate soup with a few drops of wild garlic pesto and serve. Note: You can also replace the flour for breading with cornflour.