OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Wild Garlic Pesto I show you in this post. The pesto with wild garlic can be prepared in two ways:
The simple bear’s garlic pesto without parmesan and pine nuts is ideal for the popular bear’s garlic soup.
The second variation of bear’s garlic pesto with parmesan and pine nuts tastes great with pasta or vegetables in general and as a dip for main courses and starters.
Many photos and the wild garlic pesto video are a great step by step guide.
Create a delicious pesto with bear’s garlic for your loved ones and enjoy the delicious, light garlic taste! Good luck!
1. Wild Garlic Season
Wild garlic is a classic spring herb and the season for wild garlic is from March to May. Bear’s garlic is a real healthy herb and helps to purify and lose weight. Whoever eats wild garlic does not “stink” of garlic and the aroma of the wonderful green leaves goes well with soup and vegetables.
Be careful! The bear’s garlic can be confused with “lily of the valley” and “autumn timeless”, both are poisonous. It is best to grow bear’s garlic yourself, buy it directly or do the smell test when collecting it yourself – bear’s garlic always smells of garlic.
2. Make your own Bear’s Garlic Pesto
Wash the wild garlic, remove the coarse stalks from the raw leaves and then crush them with olive oil, salt, pepper, chilli, roasted pine nuts or almonds and finely grated Parmesan cheese using a hand blender and process into wild garlic pesto. There is also a variant with blanched wild garlic leaves, which is lighter in taste, because some of the ingredients are lost when blanching in boiling water. Bärlauchpesto is the ideal base for a bear’s garlic creme soup or a bear’s garlic foam soup! Here is step by step the kitchen story:
Wash the wild garlic, remove the coarse stems, cut and place in the mixing bowl.
Add toasted almonds or pine nuts, finely grated parmesan, salt, pepper, chilli and olive oil.
Mix all ingredients with a hand blender and make a nice pesto.
Pour the wild garlic pesto into a glass and use as required. Wild garlic pesto lasts 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
3. Wild garlic Pesto Cooking Video
4. Recipe wild Garlic Pesto
- 50-100 g wild garlic freshly collected
- 2 pinch chili pepper
- 80-120 ml oliv oil
- 30 g Parmesan finely ground
- 30 g pine nuts or almonds roasted
- 1 pinch salt Himalaya salt or Ursalt
- 1 pinch pepper black or white
- For the wild garlic pesto wash the wild garlic, spin dry, remove the stems, wild garlic pesto without stems becomes softer in taste.
- Place the wild garlic leaves in a mixing bowl, season with salt, pepper and chilli, cover with olive oil and mix. This simple wild garlic pesto is ideal for wild garlic soup or wild garlic foam soup.
- For a bear's garlic pesto with pasta or fish please add parmesan, grate finely and mix in roasted pine nuts.
- The pesto with wild garlic is best filled into a glass, bear garlic pesto can be kept well closed approx. 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
5. Calories Bear's Garlic Pesto, the Nutritional Values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Barbecue Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Pasta & Noodles Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Risotto Recipes
- Sauces and Broths Recipes
- Wild Garlic Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German