It’s burger time and now comes my Vegetarian Burger recipe for the temptingly delicious cheeseburger, which also weakens meat eaters.
My first experience is in my childhood at a time when McDonald´s and Co. had not yet appeared on the horizon in the small German town where I grew up.
To my delight, there was an American crew in the town, who also held a small annual fair with Easy Dunker and Disco. To the meal there were huge portions of ice cream for small money, corncobs and also hamburgers, which one could garnish oneself with onions, sauces and cucumber slices.
For me as a teenager, the first hamburger was like a streak of light in the grey soup of my everyday life in a small town!
Nowadays there are many variations of the meatball rolls everywhere. That is why I would like to introduce you to some delicious specialities.
Let me guide you into your kitchen! My vegetarian version comes into play with great port onions. This is something very special!
Much joy with the preparation and above all good appetite!
1. Why is Vegetarian Contemporary?
Many people want variety on their plates at home. That alone is a good reason to vary your eating habits.
You probably don’t work physically anymore and all your household appliances do their job well. Your physical effort at work as well as at home is therefore rather limited.
That’s why your body doesn’t constantly need high-calorie and hard-to-digest proteins.
Give your body a well-deserved break and nourish it with vitamins and fibre!
So what can you do for yourself? Of course, MORE vegetables, MORE fruit, LESS meat!
2. Buy Vegetarian Patties
Rewe, Edeka, Walmart and other supermarkets already offer a great selection of veggie patties. The Beyond Meat jumped in front of my shopping cart at Edeka and I “saved” it in my shopping cart 😉
So here I have fallen back on a finished variant. How you can make a vegan or vegetarian Pattie yourself, I will show you in the following in the future cooking ideas of me!
3. Make your own Sauces quickly and easily
The originals of Burger King and McDonald´s often taste very one-sided after the finished, strongly seasoned sauces.
Sauces are quickly prepared. Just make the sauce yourself!
Make sauces yourself… Tastes YUMMI
In another article in the cookingblog I present simple cold sauces for your barbecue.
Here are two simple ideas for quick, cold sauces…
3. 1 Light Sauce as Mayo Substitute
What’s burgerduty? Of course, red sauce or white sauce. One of them should definitely be on your roll. I take today only white sauce…
White sauce: For this I use… Sour cream, créme fraîche, lemon juice, a little mustard and salt/pepper. You can find exact quantities in the recipe section below.
3.2 Pesto as Burgersauce
What I would like to suggest to you as another sauce is a homemade basil pesto… a green sauce.
My recipe for a homemade basil pesto shows you how. Don’t worry, it’s quickly ready and versatile!
If you are in a hurry, the supermarket also offers ready-made pestos.
4. Gourmet Tip… Add Onions as Port Onions!
Now I bring a little glamour to your kitchen. We both want to build a “show-off burger” and shine with special features…
The port onions are so easy to make, you’ll be ready for the composition on the roll in no time:
Cut the peeled red onions into strips and boil them down with port wine in a small pot. Some salt, pepper…
5. This Way to the Recipe
Now you are sufficiently informed and can start shopping.
Have fun in the kitchen. Write me a comment, I always find cooking questions exciting and am happy to answer them!
- 4 pc Burger-Buns bread rolls for hamburgers
- 4 pc vegetarian patties vegetarian meatballs
- 100 g Beta-salad Roman lettuce, lettuce, iceberg lettuce, batavia lettuce, lollo rosso...
- 3 pc red onions
- 60 ml Portwine
- some salt
- some pepper
- 4 slices Cheddar I also like to have raclette cheese or buffalo mozzarella.
- 70 g sour cream
- 70 g Créme Fraîche
- 1/2 pc lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp medium hot mustard
- some salt
- some pepper freshly grounded
- 150 g basil fresh
- 60 ml olive oil
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 g parmesan grated I grate the parmesan freshly
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- some salt
- Overview of ingredients: buns, vegetarian patties, beta salad, red onions, port wine, white sauce, basil pesto
- Veggie patties "Beyond Meat"
- Peel the red onion and cut into fine strips.
- Simmer onion strips with some salt and pepper in port wine for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the burger sauce with sour cream, créme fraîche, lemon juice, some mustard and pepper, salt.
- Wash the salad and pat dry.
- Fry vegan patties in a pan with a little rapeseed oil on both sides for 3 minutes.
- Briefly bake the buns in the oven or toast them in a toaster. Then spread the white sauce on the halves of the buns.
- Cover with salad and then the port onions.
- Place the roasted patties on it.
- Melt the cheddar briefly in a pan. Pour the hot cheese from the pan directly onto the burgers. Using a hand-held blender or other suitable blender, break the pesto ingredients into small pieces and place a good tablespoonful of each on the burgers.
- Close with the upper half of the buns and finish. Enjoy your meal!
6. Calories and Nutritional Values to this Dish
7. More Ideas from the Burger WorldFishburger
Classic Burger with Bacon