OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The recipe Vegetable Spaghetti I present to you in this Kochwiki contribution. The simple preparation of vegetables in combination with herbs and pesto sauce is a real hit.
Learn many professional cooking tips and tricks to prepare the delicious vegetarian spaghetti with vegetables and conjure this dish for your loved ones on the plate.
The step-by-step photos will guide you through the preparation and create a cooking experience that is sure to be a success.
1. Preparing Vegetable Spaghetti yourself
You can serve this pasta with or without pesto sauce. What is a pesto sauce? Quite simple: Normal basil pesto is slightly chunky, with the pesto sauce I mix all the ingredients very finely in a mixer. The result is a delicious green herb sauce. The preparation of basil pesto I show here. You can also prepare these vegetable spaghetti in spring with wild garlic pesto. Prepare the pesto sauce in a smothie mixer, then the sauce will end up like this:
Now start with the preparation of the vegetable spaghetti:
Fry the basil leaves and rosemary needles in a wok with the oil until crispy: To do this, use a little more oil, when placing the herbs in the hot oil put a lid on the wok and fry the herbs crispy for about 2 minutes. Then place the herbs on a kitchen paper and season with salt.
Next, fry the chopped mushrooms in a frying pan over a high heat. Let the mushrooms take on a strong colour, this creates flavour. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and place them in a bowl.
Next I fry the finely chopped fennel, peppers and courgettes in a pan. I already had the green beans blanched from the day before and add them at the end, cut into small pieces. You can either blanch the green beans fresh or alternatively use chickpeas or white beans from the glass.
Now you can cook the spaghetti, I do it like I learned in Italy: Season the salted water to taste like sea water, add some olive oil, put the spaghetti in the boiling water and stir so that the spaghetti doesn’t stick together and cook evenly.
Drain the al dente cooked spaghetti on a sieve and drain well. Mix the spaghetti with the vegetables and basil sauce in a wok and serve.
Arrange the vegetable spaghetti on warm plates, add fried champigons, crispy herbs, basil sauce and some freshly grated parmesan and serve quickly!
2. Recipe Vegetable Spaghetti
My simple recipe for vegetarian vegetable spaghetti is sure to succeed. Before you cook the pasta, please prepare all the other components and finish cooking. So you come relaxed to a great pasta dish. I wish you all the best!
- 100 ml basil pesto - See instuction pesto preparation
- 10 leave basil - Fresh basil
- 10 pc rosmary needles - Fresh rosmary
- 50 ml sun flower oil - Use heat-resistant oil!
- 2 pinch salt - I take Himalaya salt or ursalt
- 10 pc Champignons - Cut in quarters or in slices
- 1 tbs sun flower oil - Use heat-resistant oil!
- 1 pc fennel - Cut in fine slices
- 1 pc bell pepper red - Cut in small pieces
- 1 pc Zucchini - Cut into small pieces without seeds
- 100 g fine green beans blanched or white beans from the glass
- 5 pinch salt - I take Himalaya salt or ursalt
- 4 pinch pepper - Here I use black pepper
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 1 tbs salt - I take Himalaya salt or ursalt
- 300 g Spaghetti - from Barilla or De Cecco
- 60 g Parmesan or pecorino (sheep cheese)
- Mix basil pesto in a smothie mixer to a basil sauce and place in a glass ready to serve.
- Fry the herbs in hot oil, cover with a lid when inserting the herbs as the fat splashes. Place the crispy fried herbs on a paper towel and season with salt. Prepare the herbs for serving.
- Place a large pot with water, 300 g pasta I boil in about 5 liters of water. When the water is boiling add the salt and the olive oil.
- Wash and chop the vegetables and sauté them in oil in the following order: Fry the champigons well, add the fennel and pepper pieces, finally add the courgette pieces and fry everything well. Cut the blanched beans into small pieces and fold them in, season the vegetables with salt and pepper and keep warm. Note: I like to fry the champigons extra and put them in a bowl. So I have some decorative vegetables that looks very nice last placed on the plate.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling salted water, cook until al dente and drain. Mix the cooked spaghetti in portions with vegetables and basil sauce and arrange on warm plates.
- Decorate the vegetable spaghetti with appealing decorations, add basil sauce, decorate with the crispy herbs and freshly grated parmesan and serve.
3. Calories (kcal.) Vegetable spaghetti, an Overview of nutritional Values
4. Further Recipes with SpaghettiSpaghetti with prawns and tomato sauce
Spaghetti with tomato sauce
Tomato Sauce for Spaghetti strained tomatoes
Tomato Sauce from fresh tomatoes also for Spaghetti
Spaghetti with granola – delicious “organic” spaghetti German recipes, translation coming soon: Spaghetti with pesto genovese
Spaghetti with garlic aglio e olio
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Pasta & Noodles Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German