A simple and fast recipe for Vegetable Pan I show you in this article. The preparation is child’s play.
Give yourself and your family members a real treat with this healthy dish.
The vegetable pan creates balance in everyday nutrition and does you good! 25 minutes time? Let’s go – quickly prepare this vegetable pan.
- 1. Which Vegetable is ideal for the Vegetable Pan?
- 2. Take Care of hard and soft Vegetables – that’s the best Way to make a Vegetable Pan!
- 3. Tofu in the Vegetable Pan
- 4. Tip from a Professional Chef for the Vegetable Pan
- 5. Recipe Vegetable Pan
- 6. Calories Vegetable Pan, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
1. Which Vegetable is ideal for the Vegetable Pan?
You can prepare almost any vegetable in the pan or in the wok, the decisive factor is the cooking time. Green beans taste super delicious in a vegetable pan, but they have to be cooked in boiling salted water by a free swimmer beforehand, so that the bean is soft and edible. For the vegetable pan I use some sugar peppers, red – yellow – green peppers, garlic, white cabbage, carrot. Alternatively you can add Chinese cabbage, blanched broccoli or cauliflower, blanched green beans (in Austria these are called “Fisolen”) and onions.
2. Take Care of hard and soft Vegetables – that’s the best Way to make a Vegetable Pan!
Carrots are relatively hard vegetables and require a longer cooking time. Peppers, on the other hand, are a relatively soft vegetable, which means they cook faster. For this reason, carrots are usually cut into thin strips or sticks for the vegetable pan, because it has to go fast. Professional chefs call this type of cut “Julienne”. Peppers, on the other hand, may be cut into pieces and cooked in the pan.
I prefer the preparation in the pan, here is more hot surface for frying and keeping warm than in the wok. In addition, I think that most woks do not reach the desired heat on a normal hob. If the frying pan or wok is too cold, the vegetables boil after a few minutes and the desired taste effect, which occurs during frying, does not occur.
3. Tofu in the Vegetable Pan
I like tofu very much and then I prefer to use the smoked tofu. It tastes better to me and adds an extra taste to the vegetable pan. The tofu is simply fried on both sides over high heat during this preparation. If you want to bread the tofu with sesame, then have a look at the recipe tofu in sesam coat, it would be an increase in the demand and result, but more sophisticated.
4. Tip from a Professional Chef for the Vegetable Pan
My vegetable pan is clearly Asian and therefore the coriander fits perfectly. You can also carefully season it with curry or Chinese 7 spice mixture to create an individual note.
Would you like an increase? Leave out the coriander spice and prepare a coriander pesto from the fresh herb. After serving, add some coriander pesto to the vegetables and the plate… WOW SUPER FINE! Here is the short-cut recipe for the coriander pesto. For better orientation you can also look on my step by step recipe for basil pesto…
Coriander pesto recipe: 1 bunch of fresh coriander, 2 tbs roasted almond flakes, 150 ml sesame oil or peanut oil, 1 tsp soy sauce, 3 pinches cayenne pepper. Crush all ingredients with a hand blender and pour into a glass.
I recommend a Basmati rice or a Sushi rice as a side dish to the vegetable pan. I always serve the rice extra in a small bowl, so the vegetables on the plate look very nice.
5. Recipe Vegetable Pan
With all the tips you are now ready to prepare a fantastic, simple vegetable pan. If you have any questions or comments, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page.
- 15 pc sugar snaps
- 1 pc red bell pepper
- 1 pc green bell pepper
- 1 pc yellow bell pepper
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 150 g white cabbage
- 1 pc carot
- 150 g Tofu I prefer to use smoked tofu
- 4 tbs peanut oil
- 50 g soybean sprouts
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 40 ml soya sauce
- 5 tsp Sesam
- Wash and dry the vegetables and place them ready to prepare.
- Cut the sugar snap peas lengthwise into triangles.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Peel the garlic and cut into fine cubes.
- Cut the white cabbage and the carrot into fine strips.
- Fry the prepared sugar peas, carrot strips, soya bean sprouts, white cabbage and paprika in a large pan with a little peanut oil at high heat, turning frequently.
- Cut the tofu or smoked tofu into slices. Slide the vegetables aside and fry the tofu in the remaining oil. Season the vegetables with the garlic and coriander and some soy sauce.
- Arrange the vegetable pan on plates, add the tofu slices and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Add the rest of the soy sauce to the vegetable pan and enjoy!