OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I love to cook the recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Soup in autumn. The pumpkin is not peeled and the soup is on the table in less than 40 minutes.
Did you know that orange juice in pumpkin soup gives a great taste experience? Try it out and let yourself be inspired. Create a vegan soup for your loved ones. Good luck!
1. Prepare Vegan Pumpkin Soup quickly and easily
Prepare the vegan pumpkin soup as follows:
- Halve the Hokkaido pumpkin or Butternut pumpkin and scrape out the seeds with a tablespoon and remove.
- Cut off the unattractive parts of the pumpkin skin and style attachments, cut the pumpkin with skin into small pieces.
- Place the pumpkin pieces in a pot, add the chopped onions and cover with water.
- Add some vegetable stock powder and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chilli.
- Bring the soup to the boil.
- Put some chopped garlic and ginger in the soup.
- Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes at moderate heat until it is slightly flowing.
- Mix the pumpkin pieces in the soup with a hand blender and season to taste with a little orange juice.
- You can now serve the soup directly as light pumpkin soup…
- Bring the soup to the boil again and refine with soy cream or coconut milk.
The soup remains more neutral in taste if you add soy cream. Coconut milk gives the soup an Asian touch. Then soy sauce and lime juice also go well with it. You can season the soup in both variations with curcuma and curry lightly or vigorously.
The pumpkin soup becomes creamier if you cook one or two small potatoes with it.
2. Vegan Pumpkin Soup with Orange Juice
The presented pumpkin soup with orange juice tastes slightly sour and the orange aroma goes very well with the pumpkin. The orange gives the soup a pleasant depth of taste. Change the soup according to your own taste, add and refine according to your own taste:
Vegetables and inlays:
- Finely chopped, raw spring onion slices or thin spring onion strips
- Short and firm to the bite blanched root vegetables cut into fine strips such as carrots, celery and leek
- Pumpkin pieces finely diced and cooked until al dente
- Tofo and smoked tofu cut into slices or cubes
Decoration and herbs and superfoods:
- pomegranate seeds, goji berries, red pepper, barberries
- coriander, dill, parsley, cress
- soy cream or soy yoghurt
- Pumpkin seed oil, black cumin oil, linseed oil
For exact quantities you will find my recipe for the vegan pumpkin soup below. I wish you every success! I cooked this soup last time with Elise: We roasted the Butternut Squash in clarified butter – instead of Crab Bisque we take Prawns. The Soup has approximately 10 ingredients.
- 300 g pumpkin Hokkaido Pumpkin, Butternut Pumpkin or Muscat Pumpkin
- 1 pc big potatoe optional for a very creamy pumpkin cream soup
- 1-2 pc onion or the same amount of shallots
- ca. 500 ml vegetable broth the pumpkin in the pot should be well covered with water
- 4 pinches salt use himalaya salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 2 pnches Chili
- 6 g ginger use 1-2 thin slices of ginger
- 1/2 pc garlic
- 80 ml orange juice
- 4 tbsp fresh pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 4 tbsp soya cream or normal cream
- Wash, halve and quarter the pumpkin, remove the stalks and scrape out the seeds. You can use the bowl with Butternut pumpkin and Hokkaido pumpkin. Cut away only the unsightly or dark spots.
- Cut the pumpkin pieces into small pieces and place them in a pot together with the finely chopped, peeled onion. The smaller you cut the pumpkin pieces, the faster your soup will be ready. Smaller pumpkin pieces cook faster! Optionally, you can also cook a small potato, which makes the soup creamier!
- Cover the pumpkin pieces with water and season with vegetable stock, powder or cubes. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and chilli, ginger and garlic, finely chopped. Bring the soup to the boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes without lid.
- Puree the pumpkin pieces in the soup vigorously with a hand blender, season the pumpkin cream soup with orange juice and serve. Decorate with soy cream, pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil and serve quickly.
4. Calories (Kcal) Vegan Pumpkin Cream Soup
5. Other Recipes for Pumpkin and Pumpkin SoupPumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
Pumpkin Soup with Ginger, Curry and Prawns
Styrian Pumpkin Cream Soup from Austria with Pumpkin Seed Oil, Dill and Bacon
Pumpkin Soup Basic Recipe How to cook a great vegetarian Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Soups Recipes
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Soups Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Winter Soups Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German