Vegan Lard Recipe, Onion Melt and Vegetarian Lard simply tastefully prepare
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Vegan Lard Shopping ListFor homemade vegan and vegetarian lard you need:
- coconut fat with little coconut taste
- fried onions
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- sweet paprik
- marjoram or oregano fresh or dried
2. Vegetarian, vegan Lard prepareLet the coconut oil temper slightly at room temperature. The fat should be soft but not liquid. Put the coconut fat with the other ingredients in a bowl… Ingredients for vegan lard in a bowl. Vegetarian lard or onion melt mixed in a bowl. Now fill quickly and chill. I like to put the lard in a screw glass, so the lard can be kept for a long time in the refrigerator. Lard bread also goes without, the vegetarian lard tastes impressive…
4. Recipe Vegan LardThe following is the recipe for vegan lard as a spread on bread. Wish you good luck and a lot of fun with the preparation!
Vegan Lard Recipe
Vegan lard, onion melt and vegetarian lard delicious, easy and quick to prepare. Step by step instructions with many chef tips from professional chef Thomas Sixt.
|250||g||Coconut fat (I take neutral-tasting organic coconut fat or other coconut fat)|
|75-100||g||fried onions (I like to prepare the fried onions myself from fresh onions and oil.)|
|2||tbs||Parsley (finely chopped)|
|1||tbs||chopped clove of garlic (optional short light brown roast!)|
Pour the room-warm coconut fat into a bowl and make ready to mix.
Add the fried onions, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, marjoram and parsley and mix well.
Optionally, after the season, sweat young garlic briefly in a pan with a little oil until light brown and allow to cool. Then add the garlic to the lard.
Arrange the vegan lard in a bowl and chill or pour into a screw glass.
You can keep the vegan lard in the refrigerator for several days.
Serve the vegan lard as a spread. You can also decorate with wild garlic and other herbs from the garden.
5. Calories Vegan Lard