Today I’ll show you my recipe Vegan Lard. Vegan lard tastes delicious, the herbs and onions are tastefully excellent with coconut fat. In some regions this preparation is known as onion melt.
So that the vegan lard can keep up with the animal lard, I add many roasted onions and plenty of marjoram or oregano.
What do I personally like about this lard? It goes fast, very fast, the vegetarian lard can be kept in the fridge for many days. Coconut fat is also extremely healthy. Use a chilled organic coconut fat with a little coconut taste. The inexpensive alternative is a commercially available coconut fat, which is partially “naturally” hardened.
The preparation takes about 15 minutes, I wish you good luck and am looking forward to your comments.
1. Vegan Lard Shopping List
For homemade vegan and vegetarian lard you need:
- coconut fat with little coconut taste
- fried onions
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- sweet paprik
- marjoram or oregano fresh or dried
Bread, fresh brown bread or farmer’s bread, grain bread, pumpernickel, baguette, toast, rye bread or home-baked bread according to your wishes.
You can find the exact amounts of ingredients further down on the page in the recipe for vegan lard, onion melt, vegetarian lard.
2. Vegetarian, vegan Lard prepare
Let the coconut oil temper slightly at room temperature. The fat should be soft but not liquid. Put the coconut fat with the other ingredients in a bowl…
Now fill quickly and chill. I like to put the lard in a screw glass, so the lard can be kept for a long time in the refrigerator.
4. Recipe Vegan Lard
The following is the recipe for vegan lard as a spread on bread. Wish you good luck and a lot of fun with the preparation!
- 250 g coconut fat I take neutral-tasting organic coconut fat or other coconut fat
- 75-100 g fried onions I like to prepare the fried onions myself from fresh onions and oil.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 pinch pepper
- 2 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tbs majoram
- 2 tbs parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbs chopped clove of garlic optional short light brown roast!
- Pour the room-warm coconut fat into a bowl and make ready to mix.
- Add the fried onions, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, marjoram and parsley and mix well.
- Optionally, after the season, sweat young garlic briefly in a pan with a little oil until light brown and allow to cool. Then add the garlic to the lard.
- Arrange the vegan lard in a bowl and chill or pour into a screw glass.
- You can keep the vegan lard in the refrigerator for several days.
- Serve the vegan lard as a spread. You can also decorate with wild garlic and other herbs from the garden.