Today I will show you my recipe for Vegan Goulash. The goulash without meat tastes delicious and is a great change.
This contribution accompanies you step by step during the preparation, many photos make your cooking evening a sure-fire success.
Through the typical goulash ingredients: Onions, garlic, lemon, marjoram, tomato paste, caraway and paprika create a tasty and sophisticated dish. Just try it now and enjoy.
1. Prepare your own Vegan Goulash
The goulash is made from onions, sweet potatoes, potatoes, tomato paste, sweet pepper, salt, pepper, marjoram and cumin, lemon peel and garlic. Your vegetarian or vegan goulash is prepared in about 40 minutes. Here the step by step kitchen story and pictures:
Peel and dice onions, you can use yellow and red onions or mix them as I did.
Cut the onion cubes in a size of approx. 0.5 cm. This is optimal, because the goulash is cooked in only about 25 minutes. Diced onions are better than strips of onion because the finely chopped onions give the goulash a good (better) binding.
Potatoes and sweet potatoes, this quantity is enough for a vegan goulash for 4 people.
Place the onion cubes in the pot and sauté with a little oil.
In the meantime, peel sweet potatoes and potatoes.
Cut potatoes and sweet potatoes into approx. 1 cm cubes. If there are small pieces, this is even good, because they disintegrate during cooking and additionally bind the goulash creamy.
The onions are sweating in the pot, after 10 minutes at moderate heat (stove level 6 of 9) the onions are well glassy sweated.
Now add the tomato paste, ground caraway seeds (whole caraway seeds also work), sweet paprika, marjoram or oregano.
Continue roasting the goulash until the colour changes from red to dark red. Use a spatula to scrape along the bottom of the pot so that nothing burns. Add potato cubes and sweet potato cubes.
Fill the goulash with water and season with organic vegetable stock, bring the goulash to the boil and let it simmer slightly, season with salt, pepper and a little chilli.
Finely chop the garlic and lemon peel, sprinkle with salt and grate finely with a knife. Seasoning with salt does not make the garlic bitter and hot.
Let the goulash simmer for about 25-30 minutes, checking the consistency of the sweet potato cubes and the potato cubes. I like it when potatoes and sweet potatoes still have a light bite.
Season the goulash with salt, pepper and chilli and serve.
2. Topping and Decoration for Vegan Goulash
A beautiful and tastefully exciting decoration is important for a stew. I’ll answer the question, what goes well with vegan goulash: I finely cut young garlic and then fry it briefly. After frying, the crispy garlic is seasoned with salt and offers an excellent crunchy taste experience. I also decorate the vegan goulash with soy cream and freshly cut parsley. You could also add fried parsley leaves or fried onion rings, vegetable chips for your goulash topping or goulash decoration are also a good idea.
I’d like to show you a similar dish here. – this is my potato goulash with fried onion rings and crispy parsley… simply delicious and ideal if you don’t get sweet potatoes.
This vegan stew is a real pleasure!
Fried, crispy garlic and fresh parsley make this stew a feast for the palate.
The vegan stew pleases the eye and the senses!
3. Vegan Goulash Recipe
My recipe is a sure-fire step-by-step guide. Instead of marjoram just try thyme or oregano and experiment…
- 4 pc onion red, yellow or mixed
- 1 tbs sun flower oil
- 200 g big potatoes
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- 4 tbs tomato puree
- 25 g pepper sweet
- 2 tbs Majoran optional oregano
- 1 tsp caraway
- 1,5 l vegetable broth or water+ bio-vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 pinches chili pepper
- 2 pc garlic clove
- 2-4 g lemon zest
- 1 pc young garlic
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 4 tbs soy creme
- 4 tbs parsley finely chopped
- Cut the onions in half, peel and cut into fine cubes. Fry the onion in a large pan with the vegetable oil until translucent.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Add tomato paste, caraway, marjoram and paprika to the onions and roast for approx. 3 minutes until the colour changes from goulash to brown-red. Fill the goulash with water. Add the potato cubes and the sweet potato cubes and season with vegan vegetable stock.
- Season the goulash with salt, pepper and chilli. Finely chop the garlic clove and lemon zest, sprinkle with salt and grate finely, add to the goulash. Bring the sweet potato goulash to the boil and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- The potato cubes and sweet potato cubes should still have a light bite at the end of the cooking time.
- Finely chop the young garlic in its skin and fry in hot vegetable oil until crispy light brown. Drain the fried garlic on a sieve and season with salt. Finely chop the parsley.
- Season the stew with salt and pepper shortly before serving, arrange in deep plates or soup bowls. Decorate with soy cream, parsley and crispy garlic. Serve quickly and enjoy.
4. Calories (kcal.) Vegan Goulash
5. Other Recipes for Goulash and RagoutAll German and Austria Goulash Recipes potato goulash vegetarian pork goulash,
venison in pepper cream sauce,