OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my recipe Veal Liver with balsamic vinegar. We know this preparation from Italy under the name calf liver Venetian kind.
In this article I will give you an overview about the preparation of veal liver and ideas for the side dishes.
In the video veal liver Venetian style I show you the simple preparation and what you must absolutely consider when frying the veal liver.
Good luck! I am pleased about comments, the sharing of the contribution is expressly desired.
- 1. Roast Veal Liver
- 2. Veal Liver Berlin Style
- 3. Venetian Veal Liver with Onions
- 4. Veal Liver with Balsamico
- 5. Roasted Calf’s Liver
- 6. Glazed Calf’s Liver
- 7. What goes with Veal Liver, Ideas for Side Sides
- 8. Video Calf’s Liver
- 9. Recipe Calf’s Liver
- 10. Calories Calf Liver in Balsamico, the Nutritional Values
1. Roast Veal Liver
What should I bear in mind when frying veal liver? Firstly, the liver should be bought fresh and already cleaned, cut into slices. Secondly, the liver must not be seasoned before roasting, salting before roasting can make the liver hard and inedible. Third, you should either have a good veal stock or veal jus at home, or at least a mature balsamic vinegar. There is a second article on roasted liver, there I show a variant recipe roasted chicken liver.
White pepper foam: Roast 1 teaspoon white peppercorns in 1 teaspoon sunflower oil, flambé with cognac, boil a light sauce with white wine, broth and cream, pass and thicken with cornflour.
2. Veal Liver Berlin Style
With the veal liver Berliner Art or Berliner Leber, the veal liver slice is fried, glazed with butter, infused with veal jus and later served garnished with fried apple slices and roasted onion slices.
3. Venetian Veal Liver with Onions
The veal liver Venetian is prepared with many onions, besides butter olive oil is used for frying. The finely chopped onion rings are steamed with a bay leaf in an extra pot, the roasted veal liver is served with veal stock and some balsamic vinegar. Supplements are pine nuts, raisins, parsley or fried sage. Polenta, parsley potatoes or mashed potatoes are welcome as a side dish.
4. Veal Liver with Balsamico
The roasted calf’s liver and the roasted onions are extinguished with a high-quality balsamic vinegar and a fantastic sauce is made with butter. The liver can also be cut into strips, then it tastes even stronger. I show the preparation in the video.
5. Roasted Calf’s Liver
This is usually a slice of liver, turned in flour, fried over high heat with crust, served with gravy.
6. Glazed Calf’s Liver
The fried liver gets a shiny coating of fried butter or gravy or veal stock or veal jus.
7. What goes with Veal Liver, Ideas for Side Sides
Veal liver goes well with parsley potatoes, mashed potatoes, polentina, roasted polenta, leaf spinach, roasted and fried onions, fried fried onion rings, fried apple slices, fresh and fried parsley, thyme, fried sage…
8. Video Calf’s Liver
9. Recipe Calf’s Liver
- 6-8 pc small potatoes
- 40 g Butter
- 4 pc spring onions
- some parsley
- 1 tbs flour
- 300 g calf's liver veal liver
- 2 tbs sun flower oil
- 60 ml Balsamico
- 100 ml bell pepper red optional
- 1/2 pc chicken or vegetable broth cube optional
- some thyme
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes and cook them in salted water until soft. Fry the potatoes in butter in a pan, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook at moderate heat.
- Clean the spring onions and cut them into diamonds. Finely chop the parsley for the potatoes and add to the pan - toss the potatoes. Place the flour in a bowl.
- Cut the liver into strips and roll in the flour.
- Heat a large pan and fry the liver in oil. After turning, add some butter and the spring onions.
- Cook the veal liver and onions briefly with lid, then deglaze with balsamic vinegar and red wine, add stock cubes and finish with butter.
- Season the liver with salt and pepper before serving.
- Season and arrange the potatoes again, add liver - if necessary decorate with thyme and serve quickly.
10. Calories Calf Liver in Balsamico, the Nutritional Values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Christmas Recipes
- Italian Meat Recipes
- Liver Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
OTHER LANGUAGES: German