OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my recipe Turkey Leg in the Oven. This is a practical dish because you prepare meat and side dishes together in the oven.
The turkey legs come with vegetables on a baking tray or in a large roaster in the preheated oven. This saves time and effort and nothing can go wrong.
This article shows two recipes for a good turkey: one with a vegetable oven, the other with a fast and simple tomato stock with capers and olives. Recipe Turkey Leg in the Pan…
I would be happy if you cook this up, please share the recipe with your friends on Facebook, thank you! Good luck!
1. Turkey Leg in Oven
Since turkey meat is generally very lean meat, I preheat the oven to 230°C and massage the turkey legs with salt, pepper and olive oil. The high heat promises low meat juice loss and a relatively short cooking time. When I put the turkey legs in the oven, I reduce the temperature to about 210°C and let the turkey legs cook until crispy.
Turkey leg is prepared in the oven crispy and delicious!
2. Roast Turkey Leg
You can also fry the turkey legs in the pan from all sides for a short time before pushing them into the oven. This is not absolutely necessary but also good. If I do that, do it as follows: I heat a coated pan, add some olive oil or sunflower oil to the pan. The turkey legs are washed and dabbed dry, seasoned with salt and pepper, then placed in the pan. For flavouring I add one or two peeled garlic cloves and a sprig of thyme. When the legs are fried on all sides, I add about 50 g butter. The butter then froths up and I spoon the butter over the turkey legs, which now receives wonderful flavours from the garlic and thyme. As far as prepared you can cook the turkey legs with white wine with a large lid on the stove for about an hour at low temperature, or put the turkey legs in the oven, which should be preheated at 230°C so that the cooking process is not interrupted. The preparation turkey leg with tomato sauce I show in the video below, the recipe in short version is also included. You can find it under point 5.
Prepare turkey leg, in the oven or in the pan, I will show you both variations!
3. Turkey Legs Cooking Time
The cooking time of the turkey leg is about an hour, sometimes a little bit longer. I have prepared turkey drumsticks in my recipes. You can orientate yourself by these values for the cooking time well and if the turkey leg lies in the whole before you, then reckon with approx. 1.5 hours.
4. Turkey Leg in Oven Video
The simple recipe for turkey leg in the oven with vegetables can be found below. This is the really simple variant without the smell of roast meat and work on the stove. Here is the video:
5. Prepare Turkey Leg in the Pan
I have decided to make the topic turkey leg complete here and therefore describe in addition my recipe for turkey leg in the pan. For two people you need a zucchini cut into slices, 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or olive oil, five peeled shallots, two turkey drumsticks, eight fresh tomatoes, some chilli, a bunch of basil, two tablespoons of capers, eight to twelve black olives, four anchovies, salt, pepper and sugar. The preparation I show you in the following video, it is really simple and the advantage is, you only need a good pan with dome lid. The turkey leg does not get crispy with this type of preparation, the aromatic tomato stock compensates you for it. If you don’t have a dome lid at your disposal, you can also finish cooking the turkey legs in the pan in the oven. Here the video:
6. Supplements and Side Dishes to the Turkey Leg
My two dishes are in the style of “mediterranean” and therefore get along with each other basil pesto or also with wild garlic pesto. Both pesto recipes are linked and you will find there great contributions to the selfmade pesto. There is a new contribution to the oven vegetables.
7. Recipe Turkey Leg in the Oven
- 4 tsp oliv oil
- 5 pc potatoes
- 1 pc bell pepper red
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 1 pc Aubergine small
- 1 pc fennel bulb
- 1 pc onion
- 2 pc turkey leg drumsticks
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 pinch chili flakes dried
- 5 branch rosmary fresh
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper black grounded
- Preheat the oven to 230° C hot air. Prepare a baking tray or a roaster for the turkey legs with baking oven vegetables, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces, potatoes into quarters, peppers into elongated pieces, courgettes into thick slices, eggplant as well, fennel into eighths, onion leafy.
- Place all the vegetables in the roaster, add the turkey legs, season with salt, pepper, paprika, chilli, sprinkle with olive oil, place the rosemary on top and put in the oven.
- After about 30 minutes cooking time add some white wine. Adjust the temperature according to the size of the turkey legs. At the beginning 230° C then 210° C and at the end again higher.
- Arrange turkey legs and oven vegetables and enjoy.
8. Calories Turkey Leg in the Oven with Vegetables, the nutritional Values at a Glance
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Turkey Meat Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German