OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I present you the ingenious recipe for Sushi with Strawberry and Tuna (Maguro).
It is an original Maki creation by star chef Thomas Wilden, who runs the Sushibar yosushi in the market hall “Mercat de l’Olivar” in Palma de Mallorca.
Now let yourself be seduced to wonderful culinary art and enjoy the information and tips, today there is a very special bite and many culinary impressions that melt on the tongue…
- 1. The Market Hall Mercat de l’Olivar in Palma de Mallorca
- 2. Sushi eating in Palma with 2 Star Chef Thomas Wilden
- 3. Prepare sushi, the most important basic information and ingredients
- 4. Recipe Maguro Sushi with Strawberries
- 5. Nutritional Values and Calories
- 6. Further Recommendations
1. The Market Hall Mercat de l’Olivar in Palma de Mallorca
The market hall is definitely worth a visit! In the brightest colours, the Spanish market stalls offer Mediterranean fruit, vegetables, meat, ham and in particular a huge selection of fish and seafood from the Mediterranean.
I always have my camera with me on such tours in order to photograph this flair, this abundance and this huge offer.
Address: Mercat de l’Olivar, Plaça de l’Olivar, s/n, 07002 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
2. Sushi eating in Palma with 2 Star Chef Thomas Wilden
In the fish hall I noticed this special stand: Thomas Wildens Sushibar with artistic, small delicacies! Here is his video:
These exciting ideas caught my eye: Sushi with strawberries and tuna, with fois gras and salmon, with mango and and and…
I can tell you: All these sushi creations by Thomas taste indescribably delicious!
Not only that I tried many sushi right away, but even more: Thomas showed step by step how to prepare tuna strawberry Maki and I was able to capture everything with the camera.
Yosushi owner Thomas Wilden used to cook at the Richmond Hotel in Geneva at two Michelin-star level. He was the first to open his sushi stand here in the market hall in Palma and offers locals and tourists extraordinary creations such as “Flamed Nigiri Sushi”.
Here the fish is lightly cooked on the rice ball and gets an extraordinary smoked taste.
3. Prepare sushi, the most important basic information and ingredients
Sushi at home, is that possible? Of course, no reason for snap breathing, it’s not witchcraft.
Take a good look at the steps below as Thomas prepares it. Exact imitation will help you. I would like to give you a few tips for preparation.
3.1 What do you basically need?
- bamboo mat
- transparent film
- nori leaves
- sushi rice
- rice vinegar
- Pickled ginger
- soy sauce
- Premium quality vegetables and raw fish
3.2 What do you need for Thomas 2 stars strawberry macis?
- Raw tuna
4. Recipe Maguro Sushi with Strawberries
So now it can start, after the many impressions you can now conjure up the ingenious delicacies on the table… Wish you good luck!
- 125 g Sushi rice
- 250 g water
- 2 EL rice vinegar I use Ursalz or Himalayan salt
- 1 TL sugar I use brown raw cane sugar.
- 4 g salt I use Ursalz or Himalayan salt
- 25 g Gari sweet-sour pickled sushi ginger
- 1 EL Mayonnaise
- 3 EL Créme Fraîche
- 1 Prise Cayenne pepper
- 1 TL lemon juice
- 4 Prisen salt I use Ursalz or Himalayan salt
- 2 Streifen tuna fillet
- 6-8 Stück strawberries
- 2-3 Stück nori leaves
- 1 TL wasabi sesame Or sesame light/dark
- 4 EL sweet soy sauce
- 4 EL soy sauce
- 1 TL Wasabi
- Wash the rice up to seven times until the water is clear. Mix the wet rice with the water in a pot or in a rice cooker, bring to the boil and let it swell with a lid at low temperature. Please pay attention to the quantities of the rice cooker, then the rice cooking will be done by itself. Heat rice vinegar and do not boil, dissolve salt and sugar in it. I tend to use brown sugar because I like the taste very much. Mix the cooked rice in a bowl with the rice marinade carefully and evenly and cover the prepared rice with a damp kitchen towel.
- Place the nori leaf on the bamboo mat.
- Place the rice on the nori leaf evenly to slightly above the edge. Then turn the nori leaf over.
- Gari, this is the typical sweet and sour pickled ginger, cut into small pieces and mix with the remaining ingredients. Spread the mayonnaise sauce horizontally on the middle of the nori leaf.
- Cut an elongated strip of tuna from the whole fillet.
- Cut tuna strips to a size of 1x1cm.
- Put the tuna on the mayonnaise sauce.
- Strawberries to clean and small, even pieces along the tuna strip place.
- Roll the nori leaf in the bamboo mat and press to form a firm rice roll.
- Place the rice roll on a chopping board.
- Cover the rice roll with thin slices of strawberry.
- Decorate strawberry sushi with sweet soy sauce and wasabi sesame, then cut open with gari, wasabi and soy sauce.
5. Nutritional Values and Calories
6. Further RecommendationsOriginal rabbit roast from Spain Palma de Mallorca
Preparing original Spanish Paella
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asian Recipes
- Culinary Travel Reports
- Current and New Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Main Courses Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German