OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my recipe for tuna spread. I have prepared a fine spread variant for you, with plenty of vegetables, rich in vitamins and delicious.
You can also serve this bread topping as a tuna dip or tuna sauce to complement a dinner or buffet with friends. The bread spread is also perfect for grilling and BBQ and tastes even better on warm, crispy bread!
The most common question about this recipe is “Should I use tuna in oil or tuna in water? I have tested both variations over and over again and recommend the tuna in oil.
The spread simply becomes creamier and tastes fuller and stronger with Tonno in oil.
I also recommend tuna from sustainable fisheries, look out for the MSC.org seal on the packaging. You are doing something good for yourself and the planet!
In the recipe below I show you the preparation with many photos step by step. Let yourself be inspired and conjure up a great spread for yourself and your loved ones.
1. Preparing tuna spread with or without egg?
My recipe is situation flexible, you can prepare the presented tuna spread with or without egg. Important: You need a hard-boiled egg, which you should cut into small pieces as follows:
- Peel and halve the boiled egg.
- Finely dice the egg yolks and whites separately.
- Mix the prepared egg with the remaining ingredients.
This is how cooks learn this in cooking training, because the two egg components can only be cut individually and really finely.
Since there are a lot of different… Mayo think – I dedicate myself briefly to this ingredient.
2. Tuna Spread with Mayonnaise
Many classic cold sauces and dips can be prepared with or without mayonnaise. A mixture of sour cream and cream fraiche, seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice, has proven to be a good base sauce.
I don’t use homemade mayonnaise for tuna spreads today. From my point of view the spread with the many ingredients does not necessarily need a mayo to enhance the taste.
But you can decide for yourself: Try the spread according to the recipe, add a teaspoon of mayonnaise and taste your individual taste.
3. Recipe Tuna spread
Below you will find my recipe with step by step photos. Before you start here is an info to the onions.
I always give onions just before serving to spread. Unfortunately, the onion ferments very quickly and that is a problem especially with warm temperatures. Onions rather at the end in addition give, then it tastes guaranteed yummy! I am looking forward to your comments and will be happy to answer your cooking questions!
- 1 pc bell pepper yellow
- 1 pc red bell pepper
- 1 pc green bell pepper
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 1/2 pc glove of garlic
- 20 ml olive oil
- 3 pinches salt
- 1 cup fresh cream Creme Fraîche
- 2 can Tuna in oil
- 1 tsp thyme I take fresh or dried
- 1 tsp rosemary I take fresh or dried
- 1 pc lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 pinches black pepper
- 2 pinches brown sugar
- 2 Pinches chili flakes
- 10 pc black olives
- 2 pc young onions
- First prepare the vegetables for the tuna spread: Halve the peppers, remove seeds and wash. Wash the courgettes and place the vegetables in a dry place.
- Cut the vegetables and garlic into small cubes.
- Fry the vegetable cubes in a pan with olive oil at high heat and let them take colour. Add the thyme to create the aroma. Remove cooked vegetables from the heat. Put a quarter of the fried vegetables in a bowl for decoration. Put the rest of the vegetables for the tuna spread in a large bowl.
- Cream fraiche, the tuna with oil, thyme, rosemary, some lemon grater and the juice of the lemon, salt, pepper, sugar and chilli to the fried vegetables in the large bowl and mix. Season to taste. Here you could add mayonnaise or chopped egg!
- Serve the tuna spread with bread or in small bowls, decorate with thin slices of spring onions, olives, remaining vegetables, chilli flakes and a little olive oil. Serve with various breads and baguettes.
4. Calories Tuna spread with vegetables
5. Other recipes with tunaTuna steak with vegetables - Low Carb
Tuna salad with spinach and apple - Low Carb
Tuna Salad with Romana Salad, Tomatoes, Avocado and Egg
Tuna noodles with garlic, parsley and peperoncino
Spaghetti with tuna and asparagus
Pasta salad with tuna with vegan and vegetarian variation
Tuna Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
Nizza Salad - Salad Nicoise
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Bread Spread Recipes
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German