Tuna spread with herbs and vegetables
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Preparing tuna spread with or without egg?My recipe is situation flexible, you can prepare the presented tuna spread with or without egg. Important: You need a hard-boiled egg, which you should cut into small pieces as follows:
- Peel and halve the boiled egg.
- Finely dice the egg yolks and whites separately.
- Mix the prepared egg with the remaining ingredients.
2. Tuna Spread with MayonnaiseMany classic cold sauces and dips can be prepared with or without mayonnaise. A mixture of sour cream and cream fraiche, seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice, has proven to be a good base sauce. I don’t use homemade mayonnaise for tuna spreads today. From my point of view the spread with the many ingredients does not necessarily need a mayo to enhance the taste. But you can decide for yourself: Try the spread according to the recipe, add a teaspoon of mayonnaise and taste your individual taste.
3. Recipe Tuna spreadBelow you will find my recipe with step by step photos. Before you start here is an info to the onions. I always give onions just before serving to spread. Unfortunately, the onion ferments very quickly and that is a problem especially with warm temperatures. Onions rather at the end in addition give, then it tastes guaranteed yummy! I am looking forward to your comments and will be happy to answer your cooking questions!
Tuna spread recipe with herbs and vegetables. Variation with or without egg, with or without mayonnaise. A recipe by professional chef Thomas Sixt.
|1||pc||bell pepper yellow|
|1||pc||red bell pepper|
|1||pc||green bell pepper|
|1/2||pc||glove of garlic|
|1||cup||fresh cream (Creme Fraîche)|
|2||can||Tuna in oil|
|1||tsp||thyme (I take fresh or dried)|
|1||tsp||Rosemary (I take fresh or dried)|
First prepare the vegetables for the tuna spread: Halve the peppers, remove seeds and wash. Wash the courgettes and place the vegetables in a dry place.
Cut the vegetables and garlic into small cubes.
Fry the vegetable cubes in a pan with olive oil at high heat and let them take colour. Add the thyme to create the aroma. Remove cooked vegetables from the heat. Put a quarter of the fried vegetables in a bowl for decoration. Put the rest of the vegetables for the tuna spread in a large bowl.
Cream fraiche, the tuna with oil, thyme, rosemary, some lemon grater and the juice of the lemon, salt, pepper, sugar and chilli to the fried vegetables in the large bowl and mix. Season to taste. Here you could add mayonnaise or chopped egg!
Serve the tuna spread with bread or in small bowls, decorate with thin slices of spring onions, olives, remaining vegetables, chilli flakes and a little olive oil. Serve with various breads and baguettes.
4. Calories Tuna spread with vegetables
5. Other recipes with tuna
Tuna steak with vegetables – Low Carb
Tuna salad with spinach and apple – Low Carb
Tuna Salad with Romana Salad, Tomatoes, Avocado and Egg
Tuna noodles with garlic, parsley and peperoncino
Spaghetti with tuna and asparagus
Pasta salad with tuna with vegan and vegetarian variation
Tuna Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
Nizza Salad – Salad Nicoise