Recipe Tomato Rice, Step by Step Guide for Side Dish and Vegan Main Course
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Shopping List for a tasty Tomato RiceFor your rice with tomatoes you need the following ingredients…
- basmati rice
- spring onions
- chunky canned tomatoes
- fresh garlic
- salt, pepper, sugar
- fresh thyme, marjoram
2. Prepare Tomato Rice at a GlanceYou can prepare a fine Italian rice with chunky tomatoes and vegetables in a pot:
- Fry spring onions in butter with uncooked Basmati rice until translucent.
- Add a can of chunky tomatoes.
- Add vegetable broth to the rice and season to taste.
- Cook the rice without lid until firm to the bite over a low heat.
- The liquid evaporates almost completely, resulting in a creamy rice.
- Fry the courgettes diced in the pan and after cooking add to the rice or arrange separately.
- Fry the basil leaves in oil in the pan and place on top of the rice.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
3. Supplements to Rice with TomatoesRice with tomatoes as a complete dish… in the introduction I promised you an exciting dish. Here are my tips for rice as a vegetarian main course:
3.1 Basil PestoFor my fine pesto with basil I used these ingredients:
- fresh basil
- pine nuts
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
3.2 Balsamico GlaceThe fine Balsamico glace is a reduction of balsamic vinegar. I boil the balsamic vinegar in a small pot and season with pepper. Balsamic vinegar cooked in a pot. This balsamic vinegar sauce is called balsamic vinegar glace by chefs.
3.3 Caramelized TomatoesFor the caramelized tomatoes you need small vine tomatoes, which I marinate with a little sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Then stew them in a flat oven dish at 220°C and caramelise them. The tomatoes from the oven are served hot as a garnish on the rice. Tomato rice served on a plate with grilled tomato, basil pesto and balsamic ice cream. You can shape the rice with a ring on the plate.
4. Recipe Tomato RiceBelow are the instructions for basmati tomato rice with crown: Basil crispy, fresh tomatoes from the oven, pesto and Balsamico glace. Please write me a comment…
Recipe Tomato Rice with Basil Pesto and Balsamico Glace
Recipe rice with tomatoes with many tips from the cook professional Thomas Sixt. A rice dish as a side dish or vegan main dish with tomatoes, courgette and basil deliciously prepare and enjoy!
Tomato Rice with Courgette, Oven Tomato and Fried Basil
|1||can||tomatoes (I use chunky tomatoes, 400g)|
|4||pc||spring onions (fresh)|
|1||pc||clove of garlic (fresh)|
|8||pc||basil leafs (fresh)|
|5||tbs||oil (for frying the basil leaves)|
|1||tbs||oil (for frying the zucchini cubes)|
|60||g||parmesan (or Pecorino hard cheese)|
|8||tbs||balsamic vinegar (I like to use an original Italian Aceto Balsamico.)|
|1||pinch||Pepper (freshly grounded)|
Caramelised Vine Tomatoes from the Oven
|1||panicle||vine tomatoes (small tomatoes)|
Place the small vine tomatoes on the panicle in a fireproof open dish.
Add a little olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
Cook in the oven at 220°C for about 15 minutes.
Keep the tomatoes warm in the oven until serving.
Prepare Basil Leaves
Pluck the basil leaves from the bunch.
Fry the basil leaves in enough hot oil in a pan. Lightly season with salt. Place on a kitchen paper so that the oil can drip off.
Prepare the courgette for roasting in the pan. Wash, dry and quarter the courgettes and remove the seeds.
Cut the courgette into cubes of about 1 cm in size.
Fry the courgette dices in a pan with a little oil.
Prepare Basil Pesto
Roast the pine nuts in a pan WITHOUT oil.
Add basil, roasted pine nuts, virgin olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper to the blender.
Mix or puree the ingredients for the pesto cold.
Pour the finished basil pesto into a sealable jar. A part of the pesto is placed on the plates for decoration.
Prepare Balsamico Reduction
Cook the balsamic vinegar in a small pot for max. 10 minutes. Season with pepper.
Prepare Rice with Tomatoes
Cut the spring onions into rings and sauté in a pan with butter and rice. Add the peeled clove of garlic, finely chopped, a little later.
Add the tomatoes to the rice in the pot.
Add the vegetable stock.
Let the rice simmer for 12 minutes at low heat.
The pot remains open, the rice is cooked WITHOUT a lid, otherwise the green ingredients turn grey.
Arrangement on the Plate
Season the rice with a little butter, salt and pepper.
Arrange the rice on a plate with a ring.
Sprinkle the fried courgette cubes on the plate, add pesto, balsamic vinegar reduction and crispy basil leaves.
Decorate the rice with thyme blossoms and marjoram leaves.
Place the caramelized tomato in the middle of the rice, serve the rest of the tomatoes separately.
Serve quickly, enjoy your meal!
5. Calories Rice with Tomatoes, Crispy Basil, Basil Pesto and Balsamic Glace
6. More Ideas with Rice and Tomatoes
Chicken skewers on tomato rice
Tomato rice with fresh fish