Tofu in a Sesame Coat on Vegetable Salad, a Vegan Recipe for Gourmets
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Tofu with Sesame, that’s the Sesame I use!Simply put, there are sesame seeds in light and dark. I like to use both sorts very much and always have some of them in my house. The two types of sesame are stored in two different glasses and go well with rice or homemade bread. The sesame is also ideal for gluten-free breading. Breading with sesame seeds brings a colourful composition to the plate.
2. Sesame Coat and Sesame Crust: How to Bread with Sesame SeedThe three sesame polishing methods presented below apply not only to tofu but also to vegetables, fish and meat. There are three ways of ensuring that the sesame remains stuck to the food to be cooked: First: You bread with flour, egg and then sesame seeds. Explanation: The flour makes the egg stick to the food to be cooked, the sesame seeds stick accordingly well. Second: You just press the sesame seeds firmly onto the food. Explanation: Certainly the simplest method, use a coated pan and a little oil for frying. Thirdly and this is my favourite variation: You dip the food first into a freshly mixed starch water and then into sesame seeds. Explanation: The starch gelatinizes sesame seeds and the food to be cooked and this results in the popular sesame crust or sesame coat during frying. All methods work, but: method one is nothing for the vegan kitchen, with the second method you always lose more sesame when frying, method three promises a great sesame crust, in addition, the preparation remains vegan, so it is my winning method.
3. My great Vegetable Salad with TofuAlthough this is an Asian dish, I did not use coriander this time. Not everyone likes bugweed, so today there is a decoration and taste variant with fried parsley. The vegetable salad is prepared from soya bean sprouts, paprika, celery, courgettes and herbs. So that the salad gains colour and additionally gets some sweetness there are the popular Superfood Goji berries, which are already available in my spice drawer. The vegetables are briefly fried in a wok so that they are firm to the bite and tasty on the plate. The spicy salad marinade with rice vinegar gives the preparation exactly the right touch. A wonderful composition, the vegetable salad with tofu in the sesame crust.
4. Recipe for Tofu with Sesame Crust and Vegetable SaladMy recipe shows you step by step how to prepare tofu in a sesame coat. I wish you good luck!
Tofu in a Sesame Coat with Vegetable Salad and Parsley
Recipe for Tofu in the sesame crust or in the sesame coat step by step explained as a kitchen story by Thomas Sixt. Find out all the important chef tips here!
Tofu in Sesamkruste - Sesammantel
|80-100||g||Sesame (light or dark)|
|100||g||soybean sprouts fresh|
|150||g||bell pepper (yellow or red)|
|4-6||pc||herb mushroom (small mushrooms)|
|1/2||pc||clove of garlic (finely chopped)|
|1||tbs||brown cane sugar|
|2||tbs||rice vinegar (optional white wine vinegar)|
|1/2||pc||Lime (optional lemon juice)|
Cut the tofu into slices and triangles. Mix the cold water with the starch. Place the tofu pieces in the starch water, then bread in sesame and place on a plate ready to fry.
Prepare vegetables according to your own idea, cut into small pieces and fry each one vigorously in a wok with a little oil and then place in a bowl.
Mix all the ingredients for the salad marinade one after the other and prepare a tasty sweet-sour salad marinade. Sprinkle the vegetables with the salad dressing, mix and marinate for a few minutes.
Fry the prepared tofu in sesame oil on both sides in a pan with a little oil. Fry parsley leaves briefly in hot oil with lid until crispy, place on a plate with kitchen paper and season with salt. Arrange vegetable salad on plates, add fried tofu with sesame crust, serve quickly decorated with parsley and goji berries.
5. Calories (kcal) Tofu in Sesame Crust with Vegetable Salad