The recipe Tofu Sesame Coat is shown in this article. The tofu is a popular ingredient and very suitable for vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Tofu is a tasty meat substitute and provides about 8% protein. I personally prefer smoked tofu. The taste is much more exciting than the normal tofu and it brings the smoke aroma without smoking and effort on the plate.
Tofu can be marinated in soy sauce or breaded in sesame, as I do in this recipe. I wish you good luck and good appetite!
1. Tofu with Sesame, that’s the Sesame I use!
Simply put, there are sesame seeds in light and dark. I like to use both sorts very much and always have some of them in my house. The two types of sesame are stored in two different glasses and go well with rice or homemade bread. The sesame is also ideal for gluten-free breading.
2. Sesame Coat and Sesame Crust: How to Bread with Sesame Seed
The three sesame polishing methods presented below apply not only to tofu but also to vegetables, fish and meat. There are three ways of ensuring that the sesame remains stuck to the food to be cooked:
First: You bread with flour, egg and then sesame seeds. Explanation: The flour makes the egg stick to the food to be cooked, the sesame seeds stick accordingly well.
Second: You just press the sesame seeds firmly onto the food. Explanation: Certainly the simplest method, use a coated pan and a little oil for frying.
Thirdly and this is my favourite variation: You dip the food first into a freshly mixed starch water and then into sesame seeds. Explanation: The starch gelatinizes sesame seeds and the food to be cooked and this results in the popular sesame crust or sesame coat during frying.
All methods work, but: method one is nothing for the vegan kitchen, with the second method you always lose more sesame when frying, method three promises a great sesame crust, in addition, the preparation remains vegan, so it is my winning method.
3. My great Vegetable Salad with Tofu
Although this is an Asian dish, I did not use coriander this time. Not everyone likes bugweed, so today there is a decoration and taste variant with fried parsley. The vegetable salad is prepared from soya bean sprouts, paprika, celery, courgettes and herbs. So that the salad gains colour and additionally gets some sweetness there are the popular Superfood Goji berries, which are already available in my spice drawer. The vegetables are briefly fried in a wok so that they are firm to the bite and tasty on the plate. The spicy salad marinade with rice vinegar gives the preparation exactly the right touch.
4. Recipe for Tofu with Sesame Crust and Vegetable Salad
My recipe shows you step by step how to prepare tofu in a sesame coat. I wish you good luck!
- 140 g smoked tofu
- 60-80 ml water
- 1-2 tbs maize starch
- 80-100 g sesame light or dark
- 100 g soybean sprouts fresh
- 150 g bell pepper yellow or red
- 80 g celery stalks
- 100 g courgette
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 4-6 pc herb mushroom small mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 pc clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbs brown cane sugar
- 2 tbs rice vinegar optional white wine vinegar
- 1/2 pc lime optional lemon juice
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- some chili dryed
- 1 tbs goji berries
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 15 leafs parsley
- some salt
- Cut the tofu into slices and triangles. Mix the cold water with the starch. Place the tofu pieces in the starch water, then bread in sesame and place on a plate ready to fry.
- Prepare vegetables according to your own idea, cut into small pieces and fry each one vigorously in a wok with a little oil and then place in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad marinade one after the other and prepare a tasty sweet-sour salad marinade. Sprinkle the vegetables with the salad dressing, mix and marinate for a few minutes.
- Fry the prepared tofu in sesame oil on both sides in a pan with a little oil. Fry parsley leaves briefly in hot oil with lid until crispy, place on a plate with kitchen paper and season with salt. Arrange vegetable salad on plates, add fried tofu with sesame crust, serve quickly decorated with parsley and goji berries.