This time I have prepared a great recipe Turkey Strips with Vegetables and Rice turkey strips with vegetables and rice for you. The taste is Asian.
Due to the many different kinds of vegetables, the turkey sliced is wonderfully fresh and also beautiful to look at. And now I’ll show you that this food is not only tasty, but also fast:
1. Good Preparation is half of the Wok!
My turkey wok recipe is easy and quick to make and with the right preparation, nothing can go wrong. And when cooking a wok, preparation is the most important part. Everything has to be cut first as the ingredients come into the pan one after the other. Otherwise the turkey will get dry or the vegetables too dark.
The preparation is very important when cooking a wok dish. Once the pan is hot, things must go quickly!
That’s why I start with the chopping. My cooking tip: grab a friend and cut together! 😉 A problem shared is a problem halved.
I cut the shiitake mushrooms and the bell pepper into pieces, then I halve the snow peas and tear in the kaffir leaves.
I cut off one slice of the ginger and cut it in very tiny pieces. Then I cut the carrot into thin strips. As you can see in my video, I use a special peeler for carrots that makes wonderful strips. I don’t peel the carrots before and normally use them with the skin. If you want to eat the skin too, take really fresh carrots, ideally organic ones.
I cut off the stalks of the pak choi, but it’s okay if you can’t get all of it and a little bit of the hard part stays. I use young garlic for my recipe. Why young garlic? It has a very smooth taste compared to normal garlic, perfect for the turkey wok.
Young garlic has a smooth taste, so even most people who don’t like normal garlic like this one
2. The Wok is hot – let’s start the Show with Turkey!
Turkey breast is great because there a many ways to cook it. In addition it is perfect for a healthy lifestyle so you can eat more of it.
Because I’m already in a chopping mood, I also cut the turkey into small pieces now.
What do you think I should brown first?
You thought of the meat, right? I’m sorry but this time the mushrooms come first. I sear them in a dash of oil. Then I add the bell pepper and the sugar peas. I stir a little and add the carrots next.
Then it is time for the turkey pieces. Maybe you have to add a little oil too. Now only the young garlic, ginger and pak choi leaves are missing. All vegetables are in!
2.1 Something is still missing: our sauce!
Our wok is almost finished. We refine the vegetable with coconut milk and add a little of the rice water. The water I cooked the rice in earlier is perfect to thicken the sauce because it contains starch.
Tamari soy sauce doesn’t contain traces of wheat so it is perfect for people who are intolerant to gluten.
Now I add some soy sauce. I like the Tamari soy sauce from my favorite Asian shop at the “Naschmarkt” in Vienna. It is suitable for people with allergies and who are intolerant to gluten.
In the end I put a lid on the pan and let my turkey wok cook a little. Before serving, I stir in the cut coriander. If you don’t like coriander, just don’t use it. Personally I love it!
With this recipe you get a fantastic meal that is ready in just half an hour. Have fun cooking!
3. Cooking video: Turkey wok
4. Recipe for the turkey wok
- 180 g turkey breast
- 1 bunch of coriander fresh
- 30 g sugar peas
- some kefir leaves
- 1 red paprika
- 1 Pak Choi
- 1 carrot
- 1 slice ginger
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- some oil
- 2 mg soy sauce
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1-3 tsp green curry paste
- Chili fresh or dried
- Prepare all the ingredients and put them aside for further steps:
- Slice the Turkey meat lengthwise and cut the coriander finely.
- Halve the sugar peas lengthwise, break the kaffir leaves up, and cut the bell pepper and the pak choi into strips.
- First brown the shiitake mushrooms with a little oil n the wok, so that delicious flavors can develop.
- After that add the vegetables and the meat.
- Keep stirring the vegetables so that they can brown evenly.
- Add the ginger and the garlic at the same time as the soy sauce and coconut milk.
- Bring the wok to a boil and season with coriander and curry paste. Season to taste with chili and serve the turkey wok with rice.