Here’s my wonderful Summer Salad recipe. Salad easy and delicious to prepare! Look forward to a great colorful leaf salad with zucchini and balsamic onions.
The summer salad is exciting and fine and pleases the eye. Your loved ones will be thrilled.
In this article I’ll tell you the most important professional cooking tips for salad preparation. Let it taste you!
1. Summer Salad, the most Important at a Glance
Ideal is home-picked lettuce from the garden. Alternatively you can buy the varieties Lollo Rosso, Lollo Bianco, Eichblatt, Radicchio, Romanosalat and Frisse at the market and prepare the lettuce for a whole week. Wash the salad and prepare it “How to” I show you in another contribution – wash, spin dry – marinate – enjoy!
2. Zucchini Rolls with Balsamic Onions, a great Variety
Anyone who eats a lot of vegetables in summer is looking forward to a change from fried vegetables. These courgette rolls with balsamic onions are the absolute taste kick. The onions get a fine, sweet-sour taste from the cooking in the matured vinegar. The fresh one comes from a zucchini slice cooked until al dente, with which you wrap the onions.
3. Summer Salad vegetarian and vegan
Whoever gets guests or likes to do without meat will add thinly sliced smoked tofu slices to the salad instead of fried bacon slices. Vegetarian bacon is available in some organic shops and is worth a try. With salads I like the variety and appreciate it that a modification is simply possible, depending upon nourishing desire.
4. Salad Marinade and Dressing
I like it spicy in summer and put some mustard in the salad dressing for the summer salad. Please try the combination of an old ripe balsamic vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
5. Recipe Summer Salad
The salad looks great, doesn’t it? Try this recipe for the summer salad and write a comment if you have any questions. I am happy
- 10 pc small shalotts or pearl onions
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 4 tbs pine nuts
- 6 slices bacon alternatively vegetarian bacon or smoked tofu
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- 3-4 tsb white wine vinegar
- 4 pinch salt
- 4 pinch pepper
- 2 pinch brown sugar
- 2 tsp mixed Italian herbs fresh or frozen
- 5 tsb oliv oil
- 200-300 g salad mix (e.g. radicchio, lettuce Frisée and Lollo Rosso)
- Bring a pot to the boil with approx. 1.5 l water, add salt.
- Peel the shallots and place them in a saucepan with the balsamic vinegar and vegetable stock. Cook the onions without a lid. Turn several times, this reduces the liquid and makes it thick and syrupy. If necessary, add more water and check the cooking degree of the onions by piercing them.
- Fry the pine nuts in a frying pan without adding any fat and then make ready.
- Fry the bacon slices until crispy, alternatively use vegetarian bacon or smoked tofu.
- Wash and dry the courgettes and plane them lengthwise into thin slices. Place the zucchini slices in a sieve and blanch them with the boiling salted water, then pour cold water over them. The zucchini have the ideal cooking degree.
- Salad dressing for summer salad: Peel garlic and cut finely. Mix with the white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian herbs in a bowl. Then stir in the oil little by little.
- Marinate the colourful salad mixture with the prepared dressing in a bowl and serve on plates.
- Wrap the balsamic onions with a zucchini slice and fix with a toothpick.
- Add the onions, the crispy bacon/vegetarian bacon/smoked tufo and the pine nuts to the salad and serve.