Strawberry Tart Recipe, how to bake a fantastic Strawberry Cake…
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. How to prepare Shortcrust Pastry Bases…The first advantage of the small cakes is already apparent at the beginning. Since every guest gets his own cake, there is no need to cut the cake open. What is not cut can also not break.
Cakes in small forms: Practical… there is no need to cut!Serving the cake is therefore much easier, if you also want to use a gluten-free flour mixture instead of wheat flour, you can cut the cake without any trouble. The shortcrust pastry is a simple cake dough and can be prepared very quickly. Plenty of butter, vanilla, lemon grater and egg create a wonderful and fine dough which later harmonises perfectly with the freshness of the strawberries on the palate. Roll out the shortcrust pastry: Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour. I wrap the dough ball in cling film. The rolling of the dough is easier with foil. What is so special about this cake preparation? The dough goes into the moulds and is then allowed to bake blind. For this you need dried peas or beans in addition to the expected ingredients. The dough in the pan is exceptionally given a yo-yo effect by weighing it down with the pulses! Due to the weight, the cake dough cannot rise during baking. We call this “blind baking”.
Tarte and pea are a good team, who would have thought that?Bake tart bottoms blind, you don’t need a blindfold, it works with dried peas or dried beans.
2. Prepare Cake Dough as Filling and ToppingNow we need another great filling. This is similar to a cheesecake filling, because fresh cheese comes in. I only like the taste of quark if it’s not too dominant. That’s why the first NY Cheesecake was a revelation for me, because I don’t like German cheesecakes so much. Cake dough with cream cheese for the filling of the tart. I have hidden a secret ingredient. You’ll find it in the recipe below… Since strawberries have a very fine taste, the cream cheese fits better into the filling than quark. The caramelized strawberries are now allowed to sleep in a luxury fresh cheese bed. Sugared, halved strawberries are caramelized with the Creme Brulee burner. The details of the preparation can be found further down in the recipe here the summary of the work steps…
- Prepare the shortcrust pastry and bake blind in the moulds.
- Prepare the cream as a filling, then fill in and bake.
- Caramelise strawberries with sugar and cream Brulee Brenner and place on top.
3. Recipe Strawberry TartHere follows the step by step instructions… Have fun with it! For questions you reach me over the comment function at the end of the page.
Strawberry Cake with Shortcrust Pastry - fine tart with cream cheese filling
Prepare strawberry cake as a tart with shortcrust pastry. A step by step guide by professional chef Thomas Sixt.
|125||g||Flour (finely sifted)|
|2||tbsp||icing sugar (finely sifted)|
|75||g||butter (use room warm)|
|1-2||tsp||lemon abrasion (an organic lemon)|
|200||g||dried legumes (to weigh down the shortcrust pastry during baking)|
|160||g||fine brown sugar|
|1||tbsp||lemon abrasion (an organic lemon)|
|1||tsp||Vanillearoma (Alternatively, I like to use the pulp of a vanilla pod.)|
|2||tbsp||brown cane sugar|
Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the icing sugar. I used gluten-free flour, I’ll be happy to write you the variety on request! Form a hollow in the middle.
Pour the egg yolk into the bowl, add the butter, lemon grater, a pinch of salt and the vanilla flavour. Mix the ingredients with your hands. Start in the trough and gradually work through the outside. Knead well and form a ball.
Wrap the dough ball for the shortcrust pastry in a plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 200° C hot air. The baking result is better with hot air…
Chain the moulds with the soft butter.
Roll out the shortcrust pastry between two layers of cling film or baking paper to a thickness of approx. 3 mm.
Place the dough in the tin: For example, cut out the round part, then insert and add the dough pieces to the sides.
I’ll use a knife to remove the dough from the edge. Cover the dough with baking paper and weigh down with dry peas or beans and bake blind for 10-12 minutes.
Allow the short pastry tartes to cool in the mould after baking. Pour the pulses from the moulds into a bowl quite soon.
Reduce the oven temperature to 150° C. I bake the filling at a low temperature and preserve the short pastry!
Put the eggs, egg yolk and sugar, cream, lemon juice and lemon grater in a bowl and mix.
Drain the cream cheese on a sieve, then add to the mixture and season with mace and vanilla flavour. Stir the mixture with a whisk until smooth.
Now pour the filling into the dough moulds. I have filled up to about 5 mm below the edge of the dough.
Place the moulds in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
Wash and dry the strawberries, cut out the green and cut in half. Place the strawberry halves with the cut surface in sugar, then in a pan and caramelise. The fresher you caramelise the strawberries, the better!
Place the strawberries on the tart and serve quickly.
Alternatively you can place the strawberries on the cake without caramelising.
4. Calories (kcal), the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. More Recipe Ideas…
More tarts and cakes:
Lemon tart – Tarte au Citron
Apricot tart with puff pastry
Apricot cake with shortcrust pastry – Apricot tarts
Cherry pie with puff pastry
Remember for Christmas: Tarte recipe from cookie dough