Super genius, here I show you my recipe Strawberry Tart. This is a great strawberry cake based on shortcrust pastry with cream filling.
I prefer to use small cake tins. The mini look is doubly pleasing. The motto for every guest is a cake, and the impression of eating less sweets is also created 😉
Caramelized strawberries: If you want to bake something special, please take a closer look at the following instructions. I think you have found what you are looking for… Serve the strawberry dessert as dessert or serve it in the afternoon with coffee.
For a great baking experience, I have put together a step-by-step guide for you.
On geht´s, now quickly into the bakery… I wish you every success!
1. How to prepare Shortcrust Pastry Bases…
The first advantage of the small cakes is already apparent at the beginning. Since every guest gets his own cake, there is no need to cut the cake open. What is not cut can also not break.
Cakes in small forms: Practical… there is no need to cut!
Serving the cake is therefore much easier, if you also want to use a gluten-free flour mixture instead of wheat flour, you can cut the cake without any trouble.
The shortcrust pastry is a simple cake dough and can be prepared very quickly. Plenty of butter, vanilla, lemon grater and egg create a wonderful and fine dough which later harmonises perfectly with the freshness of the strawberries on the palate.
What is so special about this cake preparation? The dough goes into the moulds and is then allowed to bake blind. For this you need dried peas or beans in addition to the expected ingredients.
The dough in the pan is exceptionally given a yo-yo effect by weighing it down with the pulses!
Due to the weight, the cake dough cannot rise during baking. We call this “blind baking”.
Tarte and pea are a good team, who would have thought that?
2. Prepare Cake Dough as Filling and Topping
Now we need another great filling. This is similar to a cheesecake filling, because fresh cheese comes in.
I only like the taste of quark if it’s not too dominant. That’s why the first NY Cheesecake was a revelation for me, because I don’t like German cheesecakes so much.
Since strawberries have a very fine taste, the cream cheese fits better into the filling than quark.
The caramelized strawberries are now allowed to sleep in a luxury fresh cheese bed.
The details of the preparation can be found further down in the recipe here the summary of the work steps…
- Prepare the shortcrust pastry and bake blind in the moulds.
- Prepare the cream as a filling, then fill in and bake.
- Caramelise strawberries with sugar and cream Brulee Brenner and place on top.
The whole fun lasts about an hour, without dough resting time. It’s worth the effort, I promise!
Tips for many tartes:
You can prepare the tartes the day before and refrigerate them.
Alternatively, freeze them raw in the tartes. After 30 minutes of defrosting with the pulses, “blind bake” – then prepare and pour in the filling and bake at reduced heat until done.
3. Recipe Strawberry Tart
Here follows the step by step instructions… Have fun with it! For questions you reach me over the comment function at the end of the page.
- 125 g flour finely sifted
- 2 tbsp icing sugar finely sifted
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 75 g Butter use room warm
- 1-2 tsp Lemon abrasion an organic lemon
- 1 tsp Vanillearoma
- 1 pinches salt
- 200 g dried legumes to weigh down the shortcrust pastry during baking
- 3 pc eggs
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 160 g fine brown sugar
- 100 ml cream
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon abrasion an organic lemon
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanillearoma Alternatively, I like to use the pulp of a vanilla pod.
- 1 pinches mace
- 15 pc strawberries
- 2 tbsp brown cane sugar
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the icing sugar. I used gluten-free flour, I'll be happy to write you the variety on request! Form a hollow in the middle.
- Pour the egg yolk into the bowl, add the butter, lemon grater, a pinch of salt and the vanilla flavour. Mix the ingredients with your hands. Start in the trough and gradually work through the outside. Knead well and form a ball.
- Wrap the dough ball for the shortcrust pastry in a plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C hot air. The baking result is better with hot air... Chain the moulds with the soft butter.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry between two layers of cling film or baking paper to a thickness of approx. 3 mm.
- Place the dough in the tin: For example, cut out the round part, then insert and add the dough pieces to the sides.
- I'll use a knife to remove the dough from the edge. Cover the dough with baking paper and weigh down with dry peas or beans and bake blind for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the short pastry tartes to cool in the mould after baking. Pour the pulses from the moulds into a bowl quite soon.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150° C. I bake the filling at a low temperature and preserve the short pastry! Put the eggs, egg yolk and sugar, cream, lemon juice and lemon grater in a bowl and mix.
- Drain the cream cheese on a sieve, then add to the mixture and season with mace and vanilla flavour. Stir the mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Now pour the filling into the dough moulds. I have filled up to about 5 mm below the edge of the dough. Place the moulds in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Wash and dry the strawberries, cut out the green and cut in half. Place the strawberry halves with the cut surface in sugar, then in a pan and caramelise. The fresher you caramelise the strawberries, the better!
- Place the strawberries on the tart and serve quickly.
- Alternatively you can place the strawberries on the cake without caramelising.
4. Calories (kcal), the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. More Recipe Ideas...With strawberries: Strawberry cake
Strawberry cake simple
Strawberry puff pastry, puff pastry with strawberries More tarts and cakes: Lemon tart - Tarte au Citron
Apricot tart with puff pastry
Apricot cake with shortcrust pastry - Apricot tarts
Cherry pie with puff pastry
Remember for Christmas: Tarte recipe from cookie dough