OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My Spinach recipe I show you in this post. Leaf spinach is a popular side dish and the preparation is quick and easy.
Did you know? Leaf spinach belongs to the goosefoot family and is related to chard and beetroot. The green leafy vegetables contain vitamins A, B1, B2, niacin, B6, C and E – as well as magnesium, calcium and folic acid.
Doesn’t that sound exciting? A new study has shown: The green leaves help to lose weight and prevent ravenous hunger attacks.
That’s reason enough to follow Popeye… Today we prepare the leafy vegetables step by step together. Wish you good luck and a good appetite!
1. Freshly preparing Leaf Spinach, the Cooking Professional Tips…
To make the preparation easy for you, I have made a short summary. This brings your mindset into the direction of green leaves and is a good preparation aid:
- Buy fresh leaf spinach, the fresh powerful leaves taste better than sun-dried ones.
- Always wash the leaves several times in cold water so that sand and dirt do not end up in the food.
- Remove wilted and yellow leaves.
- You can leave the stalks on the leaves (high fibre content) or remove the stalks (gourmet and star cook version with less fibre).
- You need a yellow onion or shallots and some garlic.
- Don’t forget butter or ghee and organic cream.
- I tie the white sauce from the cream spinach with cornflour, that avoids sauce baths on the plate.
Salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper have proven to be good seasoning. You can generally prepare leaf spinach with or without cream.
Info: The packaged bag spinach leaf is often washed in chlorinated water before packaging to optimise shelf life. Therefore, it is essential to wash it again in cold water at home!
2. Leaf Spinach prepare Headcam Cooking Video
Some time ago I created a suitable video. It shows you the preparation here as an example. Would you like to look over my shoulder while cooking? The video lasts only 5 minutes, have fun…
3. Spinach Recipe
In cooking, preparation is half the battle… below you will find exact quantities of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions with many photos.
You can use the comment function to send me a cooking question directly!
- 1 kg fresh leaf spinach or 500 g deep frozen spinach
- 2 pc shallots or yellow onion
- 1 Stück clove of garlic
- 30 g Butter I like to use Ghee
- 1 cup cream optional, you can lao use soy cream or cow's milk cream
- 1/4 tsp salt I use Ursalt - mineral salt or Himalaya salt.
- 4-6 pinches pepper black, grounded
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 1 tbs maize starch to taste to the sauce bind or 1 tsp linseed
- 30 ml water
- 1 pc lemon
- Wash the spinach leaves in plenty of cold water. Change the water 2-3 times depending on how dirty the spinach is. Dirt can only be removed by washing and moving the leaves several times in water. Then place the leafy vegetables on a sieve and let them drip off or squeeze them out.
- You can now remove the stems from the leaves or leave the stems on the leaves for more fibre in the vegetables. Star chefs remove the stems from the leaves and blanch the leaves.
- Cut the onion or shallots and garlic clove in half. Both ingredients are easier to peel halved!
- Cut the peeled and halved onion or shallot into fine cubes.
- Cut the garlic into fine litters. Do not press garlic - pressed garlic tends to have a bitter taste.
- Sweat the garlic and onion cubes in a large pot or in a high pan with the butter for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the washed and drained spinach leaves.
- Cook the leafy vegetables with lid over high heat for 2-3 minutes, the leaves collapse.
- You can now optionally prepare the vegetables with cream. Mix some starch in cold water.
- Add the starch with the cream to the spinach. Bring the vegetables to the boil once, then season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and leave to stand next to the stove without lid until serving.
- Without cream and starch you can season the spinach vegetables with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and refine them with a little butter or ghee and lemon juice. Enjoy your meal!
4. Calorien Spinach
5. More interesting RecipesCream spinach recipe with step-by-step photos
Spinach with potatoes
Eggs with spinach
Poached egg with spinach Salmon with spinach
Fish in bacon coat with spinach
Gnocchi with spinach
Risotto with spinach and pumpkin
Tuna salad with spinach and apple
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Side Dishes Recipes
- Vegetables Side Dishes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German