OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Spinach with Potatoes I show you in this post.
The popular Blubb vegetable comes today freshly cooked on the table. Even Popeye would leave the cans on the shelf.
As a vegetarian dish it goes well with Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and traditional Lent.
During the year, a simple Food Combining food creates balance.
The preparation I show you with many photos, you can cook the step by step simply by yourself.
Today we leave the frozen spinach in the supermarket and enjoy a freshly cooked meal. I wish you good luck, if you have any questions just use the comment function at the bottom of the page…
1. Prepare Leaf Spinach Cooking Video
The green leafy vegetable is a real wonder. The leaves contain vitamins A, B1, B2, niacin, B6, C and E as well as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and folic acid.
The ingredients are not only healthy, recent studies prove that the green miracle prevents cravings and helps with weight loss and diet.
You can serve leaf spinach mixed as cream spinach or unmixed as spinach vegetables. Both varieties taste delicious.
In the following Headcam-Cooking video I show you the preparation as an example. It only takes 5 minutes, you can look over my shoulder while cooking.
2. Recipe Leaf Spinach with Potatoes
So far so good, you’re well prepared now. Below you will find the step-by-step instructions with many photos.
Send me your cooking question via the comment function at the bottom of the page!
- 150 g potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp caraway
- 5 pinches pepper
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 1 kg leaf spinach fresh
- 2 pc shalotts or yellow onions
- 1 pc glove of garlic
- 30 g Butter
- 1 cup cream or soy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4-6 pinches pepper
- 1 Pinches Cayenne pepper
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 1 tsp cornflour to the sauce bind or 1 tsp linseed
- 30 ml water
- 1 pc lemon
- some thyme I also like to use daisies as decoration
- Cook the potatoes in plenty of salted water with the skin on. You can add parsley stalks and some caraway seeds. You can now prepare the cream spinach...
- Drain the potatoes later, rinse briefly and peel.
- Put the potatoes in a pan, add some butter and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Wash the spinach leaves in plenty of cold water and change the water 2-3 times depending on the degree of soiling. Sand and other unwanted substances can only be removed by washing and moving the spinach several times in water. Place the leaf spinach on a sieve and drain or squeeze.
- Remove the stalks from the leaves or leave the stalks on the leaves for more fibre in the vegetables.
- Halve and peel the shallots and garlic clove. Both ingredients are easier to peel halved! and cut finely into cubes. Please use a sharp knife and do not chop the ingredients.
- Cut the peeled and halved onion into fine cubes.
- Cut the peeled garlic into fine litters. Do not press the garlic, it will become bitter in taste.
- Sweat the prepared garlic and onion cubes in a large pot or in a high pan with the butter for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the washed and drained spinach leaves.
- Cook the leafy vegetables with lid over high heat for 2-3 minutes, the leaves collapse.
- Mix the starch in cold water. If you stir the starch in cold water and then add it to the hot liquid, the starch will not clump!
- Add the cream and bring to the boil once. Flavour with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and leave to stand next to the stove without lid.
- Mix the spinach with a hand blender. Bring the creamed spinach to the boil again before serving and season to taste. Add some butter, ghee and lemon juice.
- Heat the potatoes, bring the cream spinach to the boil, arrange on warm plates, decorate with flowers and herbs and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories and Nutritional Values
4. Further suitable RecipesCream spinach recipe with step by step photos
Prepare spinach made easy
Eggs with spinach
Poached egg with spinach Salmon with spinach
Fish in bacon coat with spinach
Gnocchi with spinach
Risotto with spinach and pumpkin
Tuna salad with spinach and apple
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Easter Recipes
- German Food and Recipes from German Kitchen
- Main Courses Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German