The recipe Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce shows a classic of simple Italian cuisine. I bring the noodles with tomato sauce extra colorful on the plate and supplement the popular pasta with fried zucchini.
Almost everyone knows spaghetti alla napoletana or spaghetti napoli with a simple tomato sauce and basil. Here I show you a new variation with an absolutely ingenious tomato sauce.
Promised, you won’t forget this tomato sauce. I wish you good success!
1. Make the Tomato Sauce yourself
Cooking tomato sauce is really no witchcraft. Everyone knows the usual recipes based on onions and garlic, sweated in olive oil, quenched with white wine, tomatoes added, finalized with salt, pepper, sugar and herbs. The good taste depends more or less on great tomatoes and the ability to give the dish the right finish through the spices and herbs. I would like to enrich your tomato sauce cooking today with a new variant and I show you a combined preparation in the oven and at the stove.
Cook tomato sauce in a different way, that brings variety to your plate!
First preheat your oven, 200°C hot air is optimal. Then place the washed tomatoes in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and brown sugar, pour some olive oil over the tomatoes. It looks like this to me:
Put the bowl with the tomatoes in the oven for about 30 minutes. The tomatoes cook evenly in the oven and the sugar caramelises our tomatoes to perfection! It looks like this:
The tomatoes cooked in the oven are now processed further. Try the tomato stock that has settled at the bottom of the bowl. I think you will have a little wow experience.
The tomato stock is a real hammer when it comes to taste!
Put some tomatoes aside for later decoration on the plate. Now cook the tomato sauce: Finely dice an onion and a clove of garlic, sweat both ingredients colourlessly in two tablespoons of olive oil. Deglaze with approx. 70-90 ml dry white wine. Pour the tomatoes and the tomato stock from the bowl into the pot, let the tomato sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes. I cook the stems and the tomato stems with the sauce. These give taste, I take them out of the sauce before serving.
2. Preparing and Frying Zucchini
Next, cut a few thin slices of zucchini and put them in the hot pan. Add some olive oil, fry the courgettes on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Put the pan aside, you will need the courgettes to prepare the spaghetti. If this step is too much for you, I have an alternative for you. Buy quartered artichoke hearts and heat them directly in the oil. The artichokes taste excellent with the tomato sauce, I like to add black olives extra.
3. Cook Spaghetti and serve Dish
Please follow the rule of thumb: “The sauce is waiting for the spaghetti”. Means: First boil the tomato sauce and the ingredients, then add the spaghetti to the boiling water. Don’t forget to season the water with salt. Use a lot of salt, most quantities are unfortunately wrong, I take 2-3 tablespoons of salt on 5 liters of water, so that the spaghetti or the pasta in general really gets taste.
2-3 tbsp salt in 5 litres of water! Pasta Water must taste like sea water.
The addition of olive oil to cooking water is such a controversial topic. I always add olive oil because I think it doesn’t harm the taste and the spaghetti don’t stick together so much. If the spaghetti is cooked al dente, please pour it off quickly and shake it out well. You can then arrange the spaghetti white-red, which is not the rule in Italian cuisine. In Italy, spaghetti is usually tossed in a pan with the sauce, which gives it more sauce.
4. Recipe Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
- 250 g cocktail tomato ripe tasty tomatoes!
- 1 tsp brown cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pinch pepper
- 2 tsp oliv oil
- 1 pc onion finely diced you can also use shallots
- 1-2 pc garlic clove
- 80 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 1 tbs thyme optional basil, majoram or oregano
- 200-250 g Spaghetti alternative spaghetti free of gluten!
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated or planed with a potato peeler
- 1 bunch basil fresh for decoration
- Preheat oven at 200°C hot air. Wash and drain the tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Leave the stems and tomato twigs with them. Season with salt, pepper and sugar and sprinkle with olive oil. Place the prepared tomatoes in the oven for 35 minutes. After cooking, prepare some extra tomatoes for later decoration on the plate.
- Finely dice the peeled onion and garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes until colourless. Deglaze with the white wine, add the cooked tomatoes with stems and bring to the boil. Crush some tomatoes and let the tomato sauce simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove the tomato stems.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, sugar and herbs to taste.
- Cut the courgettes into thin slices and sauté them with olive oil over a high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan until al dente, drain and drain well. Toss the spaghetti in the tomato sauce and serve, decorate with zucchini, decorative tomatoes and basil and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Calories (kcal.) Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
6. Related Posts about the Topic TomatoesSpaghetti with prawns and tomato sauce
Tomato sauce strained tomatoes
Tomato sauce fresh tomatoes
Tomatoes skin and peel
This Recipe in German Version: Spaghetti mit Tomatensoße aus frischen Tomaten