Spaghetti with Prawns Recipe, a fast Dish of fine Cuisine
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Prepare Noodles with Shrimps deliciouslySpaghetti with fried prawns and courgettes – a feast for the eyes and palate. © Thomas Sixt Food Photographer For this delicate noodle dish I thought up this combination of ingredients:
- black pasta (Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia)
- white wine
- vegetable broth
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg
2. My Pasta Preparation in the ProcessI have written down a great sequence for you here, so that everything fits together wonderfully in terms of time and taste:
- Fry the shrimps and dried shrimp shells over high heat with a little oil.
- After about 3-4 minutes, remove the shrimps from the pan and place them in an extra pan.
- Add the garlic to the shrimp shells (carcasses) and brown lightly.
- Deglaze with white wine and pour in vegetable stock.
- Simmer the shrimp stock for 15 minutes, season with the spices.
- Remove the shrimp shells.
- Grill zucchini in an extra pan, I like to use the ribbed grill pan for a nice zucchini pattern!
- Add water for boiling and season with salt after boiling.
- Cook the spaghetti in the pot until al dente, drain and drain well.
- Swing the pasta in the prepared broth.
- Heat the shrimps briefly in the pan and add them hot to the pasta on the plate together with the courgettes.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Refined cooking like a professional is not difficult. The shrimp shells, also known as carcasses, develop a fine aroma through roasting, which then passes over to the stock when cooked!
3. Here you can find the RecipeNow we’re getting started: Step by step, we’re getting to a fine meal in a short time, which presents itself convincingly beautifully on the plate. Enjoy the preparation, good luck and a good appetite!
Spaghetti with Prawns
Recipe for a gourmet pasta with large prawns. A chef’s guide, cooked, photographed and written down by professional chef Thomas Sixt!
|350||g||Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia (or other spaghetti)|
|2||pc||cloves of garlic|
|80||ml||white wine (I use dry white wine)|
|1/2||pc||Lemon (I only use a little juice here to fine-tune the acidity.)|
|1||pinch||Salt (I use Himalayan salt)|
|1||pinch||nutmeg (freshly grated)|
|3||pinches||brown sugar (I use brown raw sugar.)|
Prawns, Courgettes and Decoration
|200||g||shrimps or prawns|
|2||pc||courgettes (I love thin and small zucchini)|
|1/2||bunch||fresh parsley (chopped)|
Place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to the boil. Place the pasta on top. Salt the water abundantly, pasta water may taste like sea water!
Separate 200 g shrimps from their shells.
Cut the shrimp finely at the top of the shrimp, if the shrimp has not yet been cut. The intestine is the black thread that is clearly visible. Remove the shrimp intestines.
Fry the shrimps and shrimp shells in 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Remove the prawns from the pan and place them in the pan.
Peel 2 fresh garlic cloves and dice finely.
Place the garlic in the pan with the shrimp shells and brown a little in olive oil to create light roasted aromas. This gives the dish the typical taste of alla spaghetti Aglio e Olio.
Add the white wine, vegetable stock, lemon grater and juice to deglaze.
Season the broth with grated nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt.
Let the shrimp stock simmer for about 15 minutes. The taste of the roasted shrimp shells is transferred to the stock. Add a little butter and lemon juice to the stock, season to taste with a little sugar to taste.
Clean 1-2 pieces of small, slender zucchini, halve and cut into oblique slices. Roast the zucchini slices in a grill pan to create a nice roasting pattern on the vegetables.
Take zucchini out of the pan to set aside the prawns.
Now put the spaghetti into the large pot with the boiling water as a whole. Cook the pasta al dente with the saucepan open.
Remove the shrimp shells from the pot. Place the spaghetti, cooked until firm to the bite, poured off and shaken dry, in the mixture of broth, garlic and white wine. Turn with a spaghetti tong, add freshly cut parsley and toss the noodles properly. Keep plates or bowls warm for serving.
Now use the heated plates. Take the spaghetti out of the bath and wind it up with a fork like a ball of wool.
Heat the shrimps briefly. Drape the zucchini and cover the spaghetti with the fried prawns. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve nimbly. Enjoy your meal!
Depending on the origin of the spaghetti, they lose some colour when cooked. Add some starch to the cold cooking water, the starch reduces the colouring of the black pasta.
4. Calories and Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Weitere, passende Ideen zum Selberkochen
Dishes with Prawns:
Saffron Risotto with Shrimps or Variations with Fish
Popular Spaghetti Dishes:
Spaghetti with prawns and tomato sauce
Spaghetti with tuna
Spaghetti with vegetables
Spaghetti Pesto alla genovese
Spaghetti aglio e olio
Spaghetti with anchovies