The recipe Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomato Sauce is a real highlight. I like to cook this dish for guests and it is really great.
Gourmets and gourmets are absolutely thrilled. The tomato sauce is prepared completely in the oven. This is practical and anyone who has tasted this delicious sauce will love to recook it again and again.
- 1. Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomatoes, you need these Ingredients!
- 2. Prepare the Tomato Sauce
- 3. Prepare fried Zucchini
- 4. Prepare and fry the Prawns
- 5. Cook and arrange the Spaghetti
- 6. Recipe Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomato Sauce
- 7. Calories (kcal.) Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomato Sauce
- 8. Related Posts on the Topic Tomatoes
1. Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomatoes, you need these Ingredients!
You need fresh cocktail tomatoes for this wonderful dish, San Marzano tomatoes are ideal. Große Paradeiser, that’s the name of big tomatoes in Austria, are only second choice for me because the spaghetti on the plate looks better with small tomatoes. I like to combine zucchini and basil with the tomatoes and fried prawns. I’ll tell you another trick later so that the shrimps “turn up” interestingly, as you can see on the plate. Look at the picture again, so you can see what I mean.
San Marzano tomatoes or other fully ripe small tomatoes are ideal for this recipe!
2. Prepare the Tomato Sauce
I’m going to show you a great way to prepare the tomato sauce. I’ve introduced this variant before at the recipe for tomanto sauce with fresh tomatoes. The tomatoes are prepared in the oven and form a stunning taste. Place the cleaned tomatoes in a bowl or in a roasting dish. The stems and the style approaches should be included, because they also give off flavour. Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and brown raw cane sugar. Optionally you can sprinkle some thyme over the tomatoes. Pour some olive oil over the tomatoes. Place the prepared bowl in the oven at 200°C hot air for 35 minutes. Here are the pictures:
The tomatoes cook in the oven, the sugar caramelises slowly, exciting roasting aromas and a fantastic tomato stock are formed. The cooked tomatoes in the stock look like this:
Now put some tomatoes aside for decoration. Crush some tomatoes to make more tomato extract and stock. Remove the sticks and stems, warm the tomato sauce in the oven.
3. Prepare fried Zucchini
I add fried zucchini slices to the dish so that our spaghetti with shrimps comes along colourful on the plate. Cut the zucchini into thin slices and fry them in a pan on both sides with a little oil. Place the fried zucchini slices on a plate ready. Season the courgettes with salt and pepper.
Zucchini bring extra color to the dish and vegetables is finally healthy!
4. Prepare and fry the Prawns
I buy raw shrimps, which can be recognized by their grey colour. Glazed, red shrimps are only a second choice, because these shrimps are already cooked and therefore only suitable for frying to a limited extent. I thaw deep-frozen shrimps in cold water for a good half hour. Then I peel the shrimps. Then I remove the intestine of the shrimps by slightly cutting the shrimps on the top. In this way I can reach the intestine and pull it out. I then halve the shrimps by 2/3, thus creating two wings, which later turn interesting when frying. The shrimps are fried in a little oil at high heat, I like to add some garlic to create the aroma.
Use raw shrimps, you can recognize them by their grey colour!
5. Cook and arrange the Spaghetti
I cook the spaghetti before putting the shrimps in the pan. Spaghetti needs a lot of boiling salt water, the water gets a lot of salt from me. It tastes almost like sea water after seasoning. I add olive oil because the spaghetti sticks less together. I put the spaghetti, which has been poured off and cooked al dente, on the plate, turned up with a large meat fork. Place the tomatoes and tomato sauce on the pasta. Decorate the fried courgettes, shrimps and some basil neatly with it. Finalized it looks like this:
6. Recipe Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomato Sauce
- 250 g cocktail tomato best are ripe San-Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown cane sugar cane sugar is ideal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pinch wild garlic dried or even better fresh
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 80 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 1 tsp thyme or basil
- 200-250 g Spaghetti
- 1 pc Zucchini small
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 10 pc prawns raw
- 1-2 pc garlic
- some basil fresh for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200°C hot air. Wash and dry the tomatoes. Then place them in a bowl or in a roasting dish. Season prepared tomatoes with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil (optionally thyme), then place in the oven for 35 minutes. Later put some nice tomatoes aside for decoration.
- Prepare the prawns and place them ready to fry. Place a pot of water on the stove to cook the spaghetti. Season the water to taste with salt. Cut the zucchini into thin slices and fry on both sides, season with salt and pepper. Please note all the tips in the article above.
- Squeeze a few tomatoes and increase the amount of tomato stock or tomato extract. Keep the tomato sauce warm in the oven. Add the plates and warm them. Cook the spaghetti al dente and fry the shrimps.
- Drain the spaghetti and drain well. Arrange on warmed plates. Add the tomato stock, crushed tomatoes and decorative tomatoes. Add the prepared courgettes, shrimps and basil. Serve quickly and enjoy!
7. Calories (kcal.) Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomato Sauce
8. Related Posts on the Topic TomatoesSpaghetti with tomato sauce
Tomato sauce sieved tomatoes
Tomato sauce fresh tomatoes
Tomatoes skin and peel
German Version of this recipe: Spaghetti mit Garnelen dazu Zucchini und Tomaten-Soße